|Toby Keith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1961|
Toby Keith is an American country music singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer. He rose to fame in late 1999, with the release of the single How Do You Like Me Now?! which was ranked as the number-one song of the 2000s.
Toby Keith Covel
Clinton, Oklahoma, United States
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Toby studied at Highland West Junior High and Moore High School. Toby attended Villanova University from 1979 to 1980, where he pursued his studies in petroleum engineering.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Record Producer, Lyricist, Composer, Artist
- Father – Hubert K. Covel Jr. (Soldier)
- Mother – Carolyn Joan (née Ross)
- Siblings – Toby has a brother and sister.
- Others – Toby has four grandchildren.
Toby has released his music with various labels including Mercury Nashville, Polydor, A&M, DreamWorks Nashville, and Show Dog-Universal.
On September 29, 2023, Toby Keith’s net worth was $400,000,000 according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Toby has dated –
- Tricia Lucus (1983-Present) – Keith married Tricia Lucus on March 24, 1984, with whom he parents three children – two daughters, Shelley Covel Rowland (b. 1980, adopted by the family in 1984) and Krystal “Krystal Keith” LaDawn Covel Sandubrae (b. September 30, 1985), and a son named Stelen Keith Covel (b. 1997).
Race / Ethnicity
Toby has English, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
As a result of his age, Keith’s once light brown hair has started to go white.
- His straw cowboy hat
- The bandanna on his head
- His music is mostly derived from good times and patriotism.
Toby has been featured in several commercials such as –
- USO TV
- 2021 Ford F-15
- Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos Atlantic City
Keith is a Free Will Baptist.
Toby Keith Favorite Things
- Sandwich – The fried bologna sandwich
Source – Forbes
Toby Keith Facts
- Originally, Toby was from Moore, Oklahoma.
- Toby and his family resided in Fort Smith, Arkansas, until he was in grade school before moving to Moore.
- Toby’s first guitar was given to him at the age of 8.
- His grandmother was the owner of Billie Garner’s Supper Club in Fort Smith. It was during his visits there in the summers that he developed an interest in music after listening to the musicians that came to play there.
- Keith played defensive end on his high school football team.
- Soon after graduating from high school, he worked as a derrick hand in the oil fields and went on to work himself all the way up to being an operations manager.
- At the age of 20, he joined his friends Scott Webb, Keith Cory, David “Yogi” Vowell, and Danny Smith, to form Easy Money Band under which the group played at the local bars. At times, he would have to leave gigs midway to get back to work at the oil fields.
- In 1982, Keith was let off his job due to an economic plunge in the oil industry. Fast forward two years later, he and his band were playing at the honky-tonk circuit in Oklahoma and Texas.
- He relocated to Nashville in early 1990, where he busked at the Music Row and at a place called Houndogs. However, the lack of success led to him getting depressed and returning home.
- It was a flight attendant who liked his demo tape and had connections with Harold Shedd an executive at Mercury Records who forwarded it to him. Harold also liked his music and gave him his first contract and the chance to perform live professionally.
- Toby released his debut single, Should’ve Been a Cowboy in 1993 which was an instant success and ranked at #1 on the 1993 U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
- He appeared on the first Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (then NWA-TNA) weekly pay-per-view on June 19, 2002, where he suplexed and eliminated professional wrestler Jeff Jarrett at the Gauntlet for the Gold main event.
- At the height of his career, he traveled back and forth on multiple occasions to the Middle East to perform for those serving in the U.S. military.
- In 2005, he founded Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill chain of restaurants which as of September 2023, had been established in more than a dozen states and cities.
- Keith made his debut feature film appearance in Broken Bridges in 2006, alongside the likes of Kelly Preston, Burt Reynolds, Tess Harper, and Lindsey Haun. Later, in 2008, he wrote and starred in his film Beer for My Horses which was based on a song of his.
- He has a clothing brand called TK Steelman which was established in 2009.
- Toby’s success as a musician and businessman earned him a place on the cover of Forbes magazine under the caption “Country Music’s $500 million man” in June 2013.
- He is a huge fan of wrestling and an avid supporter of the University of Oklahoma’s sports teams.
- Keith received the National Medal of Arts by President Donald Trump in a private ceremony on January 13, 2021.
- His father was killed in a car accident on Interstate 35 on March 24, 2001, at the mercy of a charter bus that was equipped with properly working air brakes.
- Toby broke the news of his diagnosis of stomach cancer in June 2022, which he had known of since the end of the previous year.
- Prior to November 07, 2023, he had released twenty number-one singles some of which include Should’ve Been a Cowboy, Who’s That Man, Me Too, How Do You Like Me Now?!, You Shouldn’t Kiss Me Like This, I’m Just Talkin’ About Tonight, I Wanna Talk About Me, My List, and Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American).
Featured Image By Toby Keith / Instagram