|Kelly Preston Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1962|
Kelly Preston was an American actress and model who appeared in a variety of shows and movies including What a Girl Wants, Sky High, Mischief, Gotti, The Cat in the Hat, Old Dogs, Jerry Maguire, For Love of the Game, Battlefield Earth, For Love and Honor, View from the Top, Fat Actress, The Experts, Return to Sender, Hawaii Five-O, CSI: Cyber, Medium, Broken Bridges, and Amazon Women on the Moon.
Kelly Kamalelehua Smith
Kelly was born on October 13, 1962.
Kelly died at the age of 57, on July 12, 2020, at her home in Clearwater, Florida, U.S. after she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018.
She was getting treated at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas apart from other medical centers.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Kelly Preston went to the Pembroke School in Adelaide, Australia. She later enrolled at the Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii.
After graduating from high school, she enrolled at the University of Southern California, where she studied theatre and drama.
- Father – Kenneth Michael Smith (He was employed at an agriculture firm and passed away after drowning when Kelly was 3 years old.)
- Mother – Linda Carlson (Administrator of a Mental Health Center)
- Siblings – Chris Palzis (Younger Half-Brother)
- Others – Peter Palzis (Stepfather), Harry Albert Smith (Paternal Grandfather), Harriet Ruth “Peggy” Hampton (Paternal Grandmother), Howard Clark Reynolds (Maternal Grandfather), Lucille K. Ackerman (Maternal Grandmother)
Kelly Preston was represented by JTP Films.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Preston had dated –
- Kevin Gage (1985-1987) – Kelly got married to actor Kevin Gage in 1985 after having dated for some time. However, their marriage didn’t last beyond two years as they separated in 1987.
- George Clooney (1987-1989) – Shortly after her divorce from Kevin Gage, Kelly started going out with actor George Clooney. In the course of their relationship, Kelly gifted him a pet pig whom they named Max and Clooney took care of the pig until it died in December 2006.
- Charlie Sheen – The exact start date of Preston’s courtship with actor Charlie Sheen isn’t known. However, it is a well-known fact that they had got engaged in 1989. But, their engagement was very brief. Their breakup is reported to have triggered by a very bizarre event. Sheen had left a loaded gun in the pocket of his trousers that was lying on the floor. And, she got shot in her arm.
- Luke Perry (1990) – According to reports, Kelly was going out with American actor Luke Perry in 1990. However, their affair didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- John Travolta (1990-2020) – Kelly first met her second husband John Travolta in 1987 while working in the movie, The Experts. They started dating in 1990 and in 1991, they got married in a wedding ceremony held in Paris and officiated by a Scientology minister. They again got married in Florida as the weddings conducted by the church of Scientology were considered invalid. In April 1992, she gave birth to their first son Jett, who passed away in January 2009, due to complications from a seizure. They welcomed a daughter, Ella Bleu into their family in 2000. She gave birth to their second son, Benjamin in 2010. The relationship ended in 2020 after Kelly passed away.
Race / Ethnicity
She was of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Native Hawaiian, Swiss-German, Breton, Dutch, Swedish, French Huguenot, and Welsh descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often went for blonde highlights and overall blonde hair makeover.
- Curvaceous figure
- Deep voice
- Broad smile
Kelly Preston had done endorsement work for Neutrogena, having appeared in TV commercials as well as their print campaigns.
She was also featured in print adverts for Got milk? campaign which was launched by California Milk Processor Board.
Like her husband John Travolta, she was a big follower of the Church of Scientology.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Jerry Maguire’s fiancé in the romantic sports comedy movie, Jerry Maguire
- Having starred in mildly successful movies such as Secret Admirer and Twins
- Being married to the Hollywood legend John Travolta
In 1983, she made her theatrical film debut as Doreen in the crime thriller movie, 10 to Midnight.
First TV Show
In 1980, Kelly Preston made her first TV show appearance in the For Old Times Sake episode of the police drama TV series, Hawaii Five-O.
Kelly relied on tennis to keep herself fit even in the advancing age. She usually played tennis with her husband.
When it came to diet, she didn’t rely on any fad dieting trends to keep weight off her body. She made sure that she was eating natural organic foods that were free of antibiotics, hormones, and chemicals. She tried to stay away from canned and packed food as much as possible.
Kelly Preston Favorite Things
- Indulgence Food – Cinnamon Muffins
Source – Health
Kelly Preston Facts
- She spent some part of her childhood in Iraq and Australia.
- Her middle name “Kamalelehua” means “garden of lehuas” in Hawaiian.
- Kelly was discovered at the age of 16 while she was living in Australia, by a fashion photographer, who helped her get work in commercials for local brands.
- The same photographer who had discovered her helped her book her first audition for the role of Emmeline in the 1980 released movie, The Blue Lagoon. However, she lost the role to Brooke Shields as she was not deemed sultry enough for the role.
- After her son Jett was diagnosed with Kawasaki’s Syndrome, a condition that predominantly affects children, she started doing activism work for Children’s Health Environmental Coalition, which is a non-profit organization that aims to raise awareness about environmental toxins.
- She was featured in Maroon 5’s debut music video of the single, She will be Loved.
- She appeared as Chirk in Battlefield Earth, the 2000 science fiction action film based on the 1982 novel of the same name by L. Ron Hubbard. For her performance, she won the 2001 Golden Raspberry Award in the “Worst Supporting Actress” category.
- In January 2009, three people including Obie Wilchcombe, a member of the Bahamian Parliament were arrested in the Bahamas for trying to extort millions of dollars from Preston and husband by threatening to release sensitive information about the death of their son, Jett.
- She was cast in the recurring role of Greer Latimore, a private investigator, in the police procedural drama television series, CSI: Cyber, in 2016.
- She attended the wedding ceremony of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes in Italy.
- Visit her official website @ kellypreston.com.
Featured Image by Davis J. Anderson (U.S. Navy) / Navy.mil / Public Domain