|Hwang Bo-ra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hwang Bo-ra is a South Korean actor and theatre artist. She has been cast in a number of projects which include What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, Zombie Detective, Chronicle of a Blood Merchant, Arang and the Magistrate, Dangerous Woman, Love Rain, Rainbow Romance, Miracle That We Met, The Secret Lovers, Cunning Single Lady, My Horrible Boss, My Strange Hero, Dali and Cocky Prince, Skeletons in the Closet, Touch Your Heart, The Eldest, Jumunjin, Amnok River Flows, Navigation, Mystic Pop-up Bar, Phantom Detective, My Girl, My Sibling’s Lovers: Family Is Watching, Vagabond, and The Relation of Face, Mind and Love.
Busan, South Korea
Hwang Bo-ra studied at Jinseon Girls’ High School. Then, she got enrolled at Dongguk University and majored in Theater and Film.
Actor, Theatre Artist
Hwang Bo-ra has been signed with Walk House Company.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hwang Bo-ra has dated –
- Cha Hyeon-woo (2013-Present) – She started dating actor Cha Hyeon-woo in the year 2013 and they have been in a long-term relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Hwang Bo-ra is of South Korean descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
She has been cast as a quirky-looking “cup noodle girl” in a ramyeon commercial.
Hwang Bo-ra Facts
- She was cast as daughter/narrator in the black comedy film Skeletons in the Closet (also known as Shim’s Family) in 2007 and this performance won her the award for “Best New Actress” at the 8th Busan Film Critics Awards as well as 10th Director’s Cut Awards. Hwang Bo-ra also received a nomination for the 28th Blue Dragon Film Award in the “Best New Actress” category.
- In 2012, she played Bang-wool in the historical horror-fantasy drama television drama show, Arang and the Magistrate, based on the folklore of Arang, who died unjustly and returns as a ghost in order to reveal the circumstances surrounding her death. For this, she was nominated for an MBC Drama Award in the “Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries” category.
- Hwang Bo-ra has appeared in music videos for songs like My Name’s Woman by Bi Girl and Struggle by F&F.
- She brought to life the character of Bong Se-ra, section head in Chi-in’s team, in the romantic comedy series What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim in 2018. This role won her an award for “Best Supporting Actress” at the 14th Soompi Awards.
- In 2019, Hwang Bo-ra appeared as Gong Hwa-sook, NIS staff and Go Hae-ri’s friend, in the romantic spy action-thriller television series Vagabond. This got her nominated for an SBS Drama Award for “Best Character Award”.
- Apart from her mother tongue, she can also speak English.
Featured Image by 디스패치 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0