|Siddharth Anand Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1978|
Siddharth Anand is an Indian director, producer, and screenwriter whose film credits include successful films such as Salaam Namaste (2005), Ta Ra Rum Pum (2007), Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008), Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Bang Bang! (2014), War (2019), Pathaan (2023), etc.
Siddharth Raj Anand
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Bittu Anand (Producer)
- Others – Tinnu Anand (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Director, Writer, Producer), Inder Raj Anand (Grandfather) (Screenwriter, Film Dialogue Writer), Mukul S Anand (Paternal Uncle) (Director, Producer), Anand Raaj Anand (Older Cousin Brother) (Composer, Lyricist, Singer)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Siddharth Anand has dated –
- Mamta Bhatia-Anand – As of 2023, the Ta Ra Rum Pum (2007) director is happily married to Mamta Bhatia. Together, they share a son named Ranveer Anand.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cute smile
- Handsome looks
Siddharth Anand Favorite Things
- Directors – Tinnu Anand, Mahesh Manjrekar, Mukul Anand, Sanjay Gupta, Karan Malhotra, Raj Sippy
- Actors – Saif Ali Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham, Shah Rukh Khan
Source – IMDb
Siddharth Anand Facts
- He is close friends with director Rohit Dhawan, who directed the film Desi Boyz (2011). Rohan is the brother of actor Varun Dhawan and the son of director David Dhawan.
- Siddharth’s father had wanted him to become a chartered accountant instead of getting into the Hindi film industry.
- His career’s most successful film, Pathaan (2023) starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, John Abraham, and Dimple Kapadia was declared Bollywood’s second-highest-grossing film of all time. Its worldwide gross amounted to ₹1,050.3 crore or US$130 million. The blockbuster film was only surpassed by the Aamir Khan-starrer Dangal (2016), whose worldwide gross is almost double that of Pathaan.
- As of 2023, all of Siddharth’s movies have been box-office successes.
- He began his career as an assistant director to Rahul Rawail on his 2001 film, Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi starring Kajol, Suniel Shetty, Rishi Kapoor, and Rati Agnihotri.
- Siddharth shares his birth date with several popular celebrities such as J. K. Rowling, Mark Cuban, B. J. Novak, Dean Cain, Wesley Snipes, Kiara Advani, and many others.
- His most cherished dream is to open up and run a full-scale restaurant someday. Moreover, he turned his dream into a scene in Bang Bang! (2014) starring Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif.
- Siddharth’s film Bang Bang! (2014) was the official remake of the Hollywood film Knight and Day (2010), which starred Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in leading roles. Upon its release, the film became one of the top-grossing Bollywood films of 2014.
- His grandfather Inder Raj Anand was an accomplished screenwriter during his lifetime. He had worked predominantly with Raj Kapoor in films like Aag (1948), Anari (1959), Aah (1953), and Sangam (1963). Moreover, he is most remembered for his work on Shahenshah (1988), which featured Amitabh Bachchan in the titular role.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0