|Chitrangada Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chitrangada Singh is an Indian model, actress, and producer who has worked in films like Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Yeh Saali Zindagi, Desi Boyz, Inkaar, I, Me Aur Main, Baazaar, etc. Before becoming an actress, Chitrangada was a model who appeared in TV commercials for brands such as ICICI Bank, Alukkas Jewellery, and many more. She appeared in a music video of Abhijeet Bhattacharya which provided her with more visibility and she was then cast by the director Sudhir Mishra for her film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi opposite Kay Kay Menon in 2003. She got wide acclaim for her character and also won the nomination of the “Best Debut Female” award at Zee Cine Awards. From the year 2005 to 2008, Chitrangada took a break from acting and made her comeback opposite Sanjay Suri in the film Sorry Bhai! directed by Onir.
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Chitrangada did her schooling in Meerut from Sophia Girls’ School. She then graduated from Lady Irwin College in New Delhi in Home Science (food and nutrition).
Actress, Model, Producer
- Father – Col. Niranjan Singh Chahal (Ex-Indian Army Officer)
- Siblings – Tina Singh (Sister), Digvijay Singh Chahal (Older Brother) (Professional Golfer)
She is managed by Bling Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chitrangada has dated –
- Jyoti Randhawa (2001-2014) – She got married to golfer Jyoti Randhawa in 2001. They were together for almost 13 years before getting divorced in April 2014. They have a son named Zorawar whose custody is with Chitrangada.
- Sudhir Mishra – Chitrangada was rumored of dating director Sudhir Mishra with whom she had made her film debut.
Race / Ethnicity
She has appeared in TV commercials for brands such as –
- ICICI Bank
- Borges Olive Oil
- Taj Mahal Tea
- Joyalukkas Jewellers
- Dollar Missy Leggings
She has also endorsed brands like Titan Eye Plus, Rado Watches, and many more.
Best Known For
Starring in the 2003 film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi directed by Sudhir Mishra. It was a critically acclaimed film for which she won the “Best Female Debut” award at the Zee Cine Awards.
She made her theatrical film debut as Geeta Rao in the 2003 drama film Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut on Comedy Circus in 2013.
Chitrangada is trained by Pramod Dadlani.
She follows a strict workout regime that lasts for 1 hr 15 mins which includes weight training as well as cardio exercises. She starts her workout with 15 mins of jogging or cycling.
Her diet consists of high protein and low fats that include egg white sandwich, oats, fruits, green vegetables, etc.
Chitrangada Singh’s Favorite Things
- Food – Salmon Sushi
- Actress – Hema Malini, Rekha, Shabana Azmi
- Color – Black
Source – Instagram, DailyHunt.in, Rediff
Chitrangada Singh’s Facts
- She started her career as a model.
- Chitrangada belongs to a family with an army background.
- She was part of a music video titled Sunset Point by Gulzar.
- It was Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s music video that got her fame before she was cast for Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi.
- For a period of almost 3 years from 2005 to 2008, she took a break from acting and made her comeback in the film titled Sorry Bhai! in 2008.
- She has performed various item songs for films like Joker, Gabbar is Back, etc.
- Her brother and ex-husband are both renowned golf players.
- She is a single mother.
- She belongs to a Hindu Jat family.
- Chitrangada is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She wanted to become an air hostess before entering the film industry.
- She has been compared to actress Smita Patil due to her looks.
- Chitrangada loves fishing, skydiving, and shopping.
- She has served as the brand ambassador for PETA.
- In May 2019, she was part of a mother’s day movement along with Project EVE against the usage of the word ‘Maa’ in slangs and abuses.
- Chitrangada has produced the 2018 film Soorma based on the life of hockey player Sandeep Singh starring Diljit Dosanjh.
- She made her OTT debut with the crime thriller Bob Biswas in 2021.
- In March 2023, during an interview, Chitrangada revealed that she had auditioned for the role of Ashima Ganguli in the 2006 drama film, The Namesake. However, the role was eventually played by Tabu.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0