|Dimple Kapadia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1957|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Dimple Kapadia is an Indian film actress who has been famous for her acting skills as well as her incredible beauty and charisma. She has portrayed important roles in films like Bobby, Janbaaz, Action, and Prahaar: The Final Attack.
Dimple Chunnibhai Kapadia
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She went to St. Joseph’s Convent High School.
- Father – Chunnibhai Kapadia (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Betty Kapadia
- Siblings – Late Simple Kapadia (Younger Sister) (Actress), Reem Kapadia (Younger Sister) (Actress), Late Suhail Kapadia aka Munna (Younger Brother)
- Others – Kirit Kapadia (Cousin) (Actor), Karan Kapadia (Nephew) (Actor)
Dimple is represented by Purvi Lavingia Vats (Talent Manager).
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dimple has dated –
- Avinash Naik (1971)
- Asghar Khan (1972)
- Rishi Kapoor (1973)
- Rajesh Khanna (1973-2012) – Dimple and late superstar Rajesh Khanna got married in 1973. Dimple separated from him in April 1982. They had 2 daughters together named Twinkle and Rinke.
- Vijayendra Ghatge – Dimple had an extramarital affair with actor Vijayendra Ghatge.
- Sunny Deol (1985-1996) – Dimple had a long-time relationship with Sunny Deol while being married to Rajesh Khanna.
Race / Ethnicity
She has dyed her hair ‘auburn’ and ‘brown’.
- Gorgeous, lustrous, bouncy hair
- Sultry looks
- Deep, magnetic eyes
Dimple has endorsed brands like Godrej‘s Crowning Glory.
Dimple Kapadia Favorite Things
- Actor – Late Rajesh Khanna
- Role – Reva in Gulzar’s Lekin…
- Art Form – Christian Art
- Decorative Items – Victorian Antiques
- Pastime – Shopping
Dimple Kapadia Facts
- When she was 16 years old, she was discovered by famous Indian actor and director Raj Kapoor, who launched her opposite his son Rishi, in the super hit teen romance Bobby (1973), which made Dimple and Rishi stars overnight. She became the heartthrob of the nation.
- Many of Dimple’s lines in the film Bobby became popular such as “Mujhse dosti karoge?” (“Will you be my friend?”).
- In the movie Bobby, Dimple’s bold wardrobe including the knotted polka-dotted blouse and her hairstyle made her a fashion icon of youngsters. Polka-dotted dresses thereafter were referred to as ‘Bobby Print.’
- Dimple married actor Rajesh Khanna at the age of 16.
- Dimple has worked in a variety of film genres and has received critical acclaim for her roles in movies like Kaash (1987), Drishti (1990), Lekin… (1990), and Rudaali (1993), for which she won the National Film Award for “Best Actress” and a Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actress”.
- She received the Filmfare Award for “Best Actress” for her movies Bobby and Saagar (1985), and for “Best Supporting Actress” for her performance in Krantiveer (1994).
- Her performance in the lead role, in the American production Leela (2002), has been praised.
- In 2008, Dimple’s performance in the film Bobby was rated by Rediff.com as the 4th best female debut ever in Bollywood cinema.
- Dimple has been famous for her gorgeous, long, wavy hair.
- She has been known for being assertive and unpredictable, her moods changing at the drop of a hat.
- Dimple opened a candle shop named Allure in 1998.
- Dimple’s daughters have been actresses and her older daughter, Twinkle Khanna, has been married to famous Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
- In the past, Dimple was signed up to play a role in a Christopher Nolan action-espionage movie, titled Tenet.
- For her supporting role in Luv Ranjan‘s Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023), she allegedly took home INR 70 lakh.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0