|Kristin Chenoweth Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1968|
Kristin Chenoweth is an American actress, singer, voiceover artist, and producer who has been cast in a variety of projects including films and movies like Pushing Daisies, Kristin, The West Wing, Stranger than Fiction, Glee, Twelve Men of Christmas, The Good Wife, Descendants, BoJack Horseman, A Very Wicked Halloween, Mom, The Pink Panther, The Witches, My Little Pony: The Movie, Tinker Bell, and American Gods. For her role in Pushing Daisies, she bagged the 2009 Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series”. Moreover, her singing credits include having released albums such as The Art of Elegance, Coming Home, A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas, Let Yourself Go, As I Am, Some Lessons Learned, and For the Girls.
Kristi Dawn Chenoweth
Cheno, The K-Cho, K-Cho
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York, United States
Chenoweth studied at the Broken Arrow Senior High School and took part in many school plays.
She also went to the Oklahoma City University (OCU) and was a Gamma Phi Beta (Beta Omicron) sorority member. In 1990, Kristin completed her Bachelor’s in musical theater and in 1992, she did a Master’s degree in opera performance. Florence Gillam Birdwell was her voice instructor and mentor at the university.
In 2009, the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina awarded her an honorary doctorate in Performing Arts. She was the commencement speaker for the University.
In 2013, she was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Oklahoma City University (OCU).
The Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York made Kristin an honorary member of the Sigma Alpha Iota music fraternity’s Sigma Theta chapter in 2015.
Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Jerry Morris Chenoweth (Mechanical Engineer)
- Mother – Junie Smith Chenoweth (Mechanical Engineer)
- Siblings – Mark Chenoweth (Brother)
She has been managed by –
- Micone Entertainment Group, Inc.
- Jill Fritzo Public Relations
- 3 Arts Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, Jazz, disco, country pop, vocal pop
Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Masterwork, Concord Music Group
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristin Chenoweth has dated –
- Adam Guettel (1997) – Kristin Chenoweth and American composer Adam Guettel had a relationship in 1997.
- Marc Kudisch (1999-2001) – Kristin Chenoweth and American actor Marc Kudisch dated for some time from 1999 to 2001.
- Lane Garrison (2006-2009) – Kristin and actor Lane Garrison dated for quite some time from 2006 to June 2009.
- Aaron Sorkin (2006) – Chenoweth and writer Aaron Sorkin had a brief stint in 2006.
- Seth Green (2008) – Chenoweth dated actor, producer, and writer Seth Green for some time in 2008.
- Charlie McDowell (2008-2009) – Kristin was in a relationship with film director and writer Charlie McDowell for a couple of months from 2008 to 2009.
- Sean Hayes (2010) – In 2010, Kristin and actor, comedian and producer Sean Hayes were romantically linked to each other for a short period.
- Jake Pavelka (2012-2013) – The actress started dating American reality TV personality and pilot Jake Pavelka in October 2012 and they separated in February 2013.
- Dana Brunetti (2013-2014) – Chenoweth was seen romancing film producer Dana Brunetti for over one year around 2013 and 2014.
- Andrew Pruett (2015-2016) – In April 2015, Kristin started dating American businessman Andrew Pruett and they were often spotted together in public. The couple separated in 2016.
- Josh Bryant (2018-Present) – In 2018, she started dating guitarist Josh Bryant. There is an age gap of 14 years between the two, with Josh being younger. The couple got engaged in October 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of European and Cherokee Native American descent.
- Unique and high pitched voice
- Blonde hair with extensions
- Height and petite body
- Plays optimistic and goal-oriented roles often.
35-23-33 in or 89-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
The actress has appeared in several Old Navy commercials.
In January 2010, she was named the ambassador for Oscar Mayer Good Mood.
In 2014, she was seen in the Asthma & Allergy Foundation’s Know Your Count TV commercial.
Kristin is a non-judgmental, liberal Christian.
Best Known For
- Some of her notable movies include Bewitched (2005), The Pink Panther (2006), RV (2006), Rio 2 (2014), and The Peanuts Movie (2015).
- In television, she is known for Pushing Daisies (from 2007 to 2009) as Olive Snook; Sit Down, Shut Up (2009) as voice role of Miracle Grohe; Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants (2015) as Maleficent and The West Wing (from 2004 to 2006) as Annabeth Schott.
Her first solo album Let Yourself Go was released in 2001 via Sony Music Entertainment. It was a collection of the 1930s and 1940s standards.
Chenoweth’s film debut came in 2002 with Topa Topa Bluffs in which she portrayed the role of Patty.
First TV Show
Her first television show was NBC sitcom LateLine in which she played the character of Kristin in just one episode “The Christian Guy”.
First Stage Appearance
In 1997, Kristin made her Broadway debut in the musical Steel Pier where she played the Precious McGuire character and went on to win the Theatre World Award.
For Kristin, running is the best exercise. When in New York, she heads off to the pier on the west side for a run.
Chenoweth believes that eating and drinking healthy is very important for staying fit. She has a daily dose of oatmeal and prefers Starbucks Oatmeal as it does not need extra sugar to taste good.
Almonds; low-cal wraps with turkey, lettuce, tomato, and pickles; protein salad with tomatoes, celery, almonds, and loads of crunchy veggies are some other dietary preferences of the celebrity. She also loves hot tea. As she does not like drinking water, she carries Crystal Light packets with her.
Kristin Chenoweth Favorite Things
- Actress – Madeline Kahn
- Singers – Dolly Parton, Julie Andrews
- Food – Chocolate chip cookie, steak, chicken breast with Au Poivre sauce, broccoli, salad, mashed potato
- Restaurant – BLT Steak in L.A., Café Luxembourg on the Upper West Side
- Drink – Cosmopolitan
- Place – Chicago
- Dessert – Banana cream pie at Joe Allen’s in New York
Kristin Chenoweth Facts
- The Chenoweth family adopted Kristin when she was just 5 days old.
- As a child, she gave gospel song performances at local churches.
- Kristin is a classically trained coloratura soprano and can aptly sing the F6 note.
- Chenoweth has an inner ear disorder called Ménière’s disease that often hinders her performances.
- She is a bi-coastal and shuttles her time between New York and Los Angeles.
- She has a Maltese dog that she has named Maddie after her favorite actress.
- When she was studying at OCU, Kristin won the Miss OCU title. In 1991, she was second runner-up in the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
- She was titled Most Promising Up-and-Coming Singer in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions and won a scholarship for the Academy of Vocal Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- In 1993, Kristin gave the auditions for the musical Animal Crackers. She bagged a role and turned down the scholarship to concentrate on the show and shifted base to New York.
- The singer performed at the 10th Anniversary Bash of City Center Encores! in 2002.
- She was on the cover page of FHM Magazine’s March 2006 edition.
- On April 14, 2009, her book titled A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages was released in which she described her journey in Hollywood.
- In 2010, she was a part of a three-minute video titled iPad or Bust for Glamour Magazine.
- Chenoweth received the Oklahoma Hall of Fame in 2010.
- The singer performed the U.S. national anthem at the Yankees’ Home Opener in 2010.
- In 2011, Chenoweth’s first televised music video was released on Country Music Television. Titled I Want Somebody, the video ranked No. 19 on the Top Twenty Countdown list of CMT.
- She bagged the GLAAD Vanguard Award in 2011.
- The Broken Arrow Performing Arts Center was renamed Kristin Chenoweth Theatre in 2012.
- In 2013, she was the co-host for the Oscars Red Carpet Live that took place just before the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- She performed the “New York, New York” song at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2013 while on the Royal Caribbean’s A World at Sea float.
- On the occasion of her 47th birthday on July 24, 2015, the actress received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre in Hollywood, California.
- On June 7, 2015, she was the co-host for the Tony Awards held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- She has been friends with Quentin Tarantino, Heidi Klum, Robin Williams, Nicole Kidman, Patti LuPone, Idina Menzel, Danny DeVito, Ellen DeGeneres, and Matthew Broderick.
- She was cast as Aunt Susan in the 2020 romantic comedy holiday film, Holidate, in which she co-starred alongside the likes of Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey, Jessica Capshaw, and Frances Fisher.
- She has played the role of April Rhodes in Glee, a musical comedy-drama television series. For this performance, she was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” and People’s Choice Award for Best TV Guest Star”.
- Kristin accidentally dated a gay man in the past.
- In October 2021, she released her new holiday album titled HAPPINESS is… Christmas.
- Kristin went on some double dates with singer Ariana Grande in the past.