|Asha Negi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1989|
Asha Negi is an Indian actress, TV host, and dancer who is best known for starring as Poorvi Kirloskar in Pavitra Rishta (2011-2014), Suhana Deewan / Kalpana Yadav in Ek Mutthi Aasmaan in 2014, and as Koyal Maadhavan Venkat in Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan (2015-2016). However, she has been cast in a number of other hit shows like Qubool Hai (2013), Ek Mutthi Aasmaan (2014), Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2015), and Baarish. Besides that, she also won the Nach Baliye 6 talent show in 2014, alongside actor Rithvik Dhanjani who also happens to be the love of her life. With time, Asha has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Asha studied at St. Mary’s Higher Secondary School, Dehradun before going on to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce degree at DAV College.
- Mother – Beena Negi
- Siblings – Geeta Negi (Older Sister). She also has a younger sister.
Asha is represented by Blu Swan Media.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asha has dated –
- Rithvik Dhanjani (2013-Present) – Asha and her co-star Rithvik Dhanjani met one another on the set of Pavitra Rishta in 2011. The two instantly clicked and began spending time together. However, it was not until 2013, that the couple started dating each other. Since then, Rithvik and Asha have become a fan-favorite duo and are very often prompted by them with questions of marriage to which Asha stated in an interview in 2019, that when she gets married to Rithvik, they won’t be hiding it.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Perfect lips
- Almond-shaped eyes
- Wide smile
Asha has appeared in commercials for several brands such as Dabur Amla Hair Oil and Parle Agro‘s Frooti.
Through her social media, she has also endorsed brands like –
- Amazon Prime
- Dabur Vatika
Best Known For
- Being cast as Poorvi Kirloskar in Pavitra Rishta (2011-2014), Suhana Deewan / Kalpana Yadav in Ek Mutthi Aasmaan in 2014, and as Koyal Maadhavan Venkat in Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan (2015-2016)
- Starring in several other hit shows Qubool Hai (2013), Ek Mutthi Aasmaan (2014), Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2015), and Baarish
- Winning the show Nach Baliye 6 and attaining 3rd place in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (2015)
First TV Show
Asha made her debut TV show appearance as Madhura in alongside actor Gaurav S Bajaj, Rachana Parulkar, and Pallavi Purohit in Sapnon Se Bhare Naina in 2010.
As of 2015, Asha was training at the El Gymnasio in Evershine Mall, Malad, Mumbai. Her workout routine would mostly consist of exercises such as box jumps, sit-ups, crunches, etc. She would also indulge in several cardio-intense workouts like running, jumping jacks, and dancing.
Besides that, Asha also practices the art of yoga on a daily basis and performs several asanas such as Tadasana, Kursiasana, Vrikshasana, and Paschimottanasana.
As for her diet, she prefers to drink plenty of water as soon as she wakes up in the morning to wash out the toxins in her body. Besides that, she also consumes a certain amount of protein and nutrition through vegetables.
In an interview conducted with Aaj Tak’s Saas Bahu Aur Betiyaan segment in the past, Asha had stated that for breakfast she would eat cornflakes, fruits, and dry fruits. As for lunch, she eats brown rice instead of white rice with the desired dish.
Asha Negi Favorite Things
- Color – Blue, Pink
- Television Actor – Ram Kapoor
Source – Telly Chakkar
Asha Negi Facts
- She was brought up as the middle child in a family of 5 in Dehradun.
- Asha decided to move to Mumbai to follow her passion of becoming an actress after she won the beauty pageant Miss Uttarakhand in 2009.
- She has cited actress Sakshi Tanwar as her role model.
- Asha is a favorite amongst her friends and family because of her bubbly and vibrant nature.
- It is said that, prior to becoming an actress, Asha worked at a tour and travel consultancy agency in Banglore.
- In April 2019, she was crowned as the “INSTA Queen of the Week.”
- Her go-to shopping place is at Infinity Mall, Malad.
- She feels most comfortable in a pair of jeans in and a t-shirt.
- To her, actor John Abraham is the best-looking celebrity. Asha also stated that, if she were to meet him, she would be absolutely starstruck.
- She enjoys eating seafood, especially Bengali fish curry and rice and sipping on apple juice.
- Asha loves to live a down-to-earth lifestyle, traveling by autorickshaws to get to places.
- Not many may know this but she is also a short-tempered person.
- The most daring thing that she did in her life was the experience she had on Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (2015).
- In her free time, Asha enjoys watching web shows and films.
- If she were to be granted a wish, she would pick eating without getting fat.
- In the past, Asha had considered joining the army for a while as that is what her mother wanted her to do.
- She avoids people that possess strong negative vibes.
- Sense of humor is a real turn on for Asha.
- She has won a number of awards including the Indian Telly Award for “Fresh Face Female”, Gold Award for “Stellar Performer”, and a Zee Rishtey award for “Favorite Jodi”.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Asha Negi / Instagram