|Jessica Capshaw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1976|
Jessica Capshaw is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Jamie Stringer in The Practice, Dr. Arizona Robbins in Grey’s Anatomy, and Aunt Jordan in Odd Man Out. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as ER, Into the West, How I Met Your Mother, Head Case, The L Word, The Locusts, View from the Top, The Groomsmen, Dear Zoe, The Hero of Color City, and many more.
Jessica Brooke Capshaw
Columbia, Missouri, U.S.
In 1994, Capshaw graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles, California. She received an English degree from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island in 1998.
Finally, she joined acting classes at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) in London.
- Father – Robert Capshaw (Business executive, high school principal, marketing director, sales manager)
- Mother – Kate Capshaw (Actress and Producer)
- Siblings – Sasha Spielberg (Younger Half-Sister), Theo Spielberg (Younger Adopted Brother), Max Spielberg (Younger Stepbrother), Mikaela Spielberg (Younger Half-Sister), Destry Spielberg (Younger Half-Sister), Sawyer Spielberg (Younger Half-Brother). Overall, she has 10 brothers and sisters.
- Others – Steven Spielberg (Stepfather) (Film director)
Viewpoint, Inc. (Publicist)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Capshaw married writer and founder of a child health non-profit organization, Christopher Gavigan on May 22, 2004, at Capshaw’s estate. The couple has four children together – son Luke Hudson (b. September 8, 2007), daughters Eve Augusta (b. October 20, 2010), Poppy James (b. June 20, 2012), and Josephine Kate Gavigan (b. May 2, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has joined Moms Cleans Air Force.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Arizona Robbins in the ABC’s medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy since 2009. She was a part of the recurring cast during season 5, but turned into a series regular from season 6.
Her first film appearance was in 1997 with The Locusts where she played the role as Patsy. In that film, her mom Kate Capshaw was actually playing the lead role as Mrs. Potts.
First TV Show
In 1999, Capshaw guest appeared in NBC’s medical drama television series ER for her role as Sally.
Her go-to healthy snack consists of Yogurt Honey Peanut Balance Bar. She chooses a snack that is portable, nutritious, and at the same time delicious.
She listens to the top 20 songs of the time to enhance her workout time and make it a success.
Jessica Capshaw Favorite Things
- Food – Sandwich
- Body Part – Leg
- TV Show – Modern Family (2009-2020)
- Website – ShopBop.com
- Singers – Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Role – Dr. Arizona Robbins on the ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy from 2008 to 2018
Source – Health.com, Us Magazine
Jessica Capshaw Facts
- Capshaw is best friends with Sasha Alexander. They are the godmother of each other’s children.
- She believes everything happens for a reason. And, this is her happy-life mantra also.
- She feels stress-free after a nice quiet dinner with her husband and children.
- Jessica never steps out of her home without wearing sunscreen.
- She is sometimes regarded as a lookalike of Sasha Alexander. Their looks closely resemble.
- At 12, she had cut her hair to look like singer and actress Chynna Phillips. But, still, she didn’t look like her.
- She follows The Tracy Anderson Method to stay fit.
- Jessica loves her husband Christopher Gavigan’s intelligence.
- She can talk in a variety of accents but not the Aussie one.
- She can excellently impersonate Cher for her song If I Could Turn Back Time.
- She became fluent in Italian when she was studying at Brown University in Florence, Italy. She is not fluent in Italian now.
- She is a big fan of Jerry Maguire (1996). After she started dating her husband Christopher Gavigan, she made him watch the movie and even sat beside him just to ensure he understood the movie.
- She likes Levi’s 501 jeans.
- She once fell on the red carpet while wearing a 6-inch platform heel and skirt. That was the most embarrassing moment for her.
- She is a fangirl of Michelle Obama.
- Growing up, she had a crush on Michael J. Fox.
- Whenever she plays, she always wins the first round of the Rock, Paper, Scissors game.
- Jessica is great at downhill hiking.
- She can learn her lines in minutes as she has a “photographic memory”.