|Tracy Anderson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1975|
Tracy Anderson is an American fitness entrepreneur and author who is best known for being the founder and creator of the Tracy Anderson Method. She has gym locations in New York City, Los Angeles, Spain, The Hamptons, and London, and had also launched her own DVD collection for at-home training in the past. In 2015, Tracy announced the launch of her online fitness program called TA Video Streaming. She had later launched a pregnancy workout DVD collection.
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
Tracy divides her time between New York City and Los Angeles.
Tracy Anderson went to the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City. There, she studied musical theatre for two years.
Fitness trainer and author
- Mother – Diana Ephlin (Former dancer and dance instructor)
- Siblings – None
Tracy Anderson is managed by Steven Beltrani.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
42 kg or 92.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tracy Anderson has dated
- Eric Anderson – Tracy Anderson got in a relationship with basketball star Eric Anderson in the late 90s. It is reported that he first met her on the sets of the movie Blue Chips. She was 19 years old at that time. In due course, they got married and in the same year, i.e. 1998, she gave birth to a son, Sam. Although it was widely reported that they had got divorced sometime after their son’s birth, it was claimed in some leading tabloids such as The Daily Beast that they had only separated at that time and hadn’t divorced till 2009.
- Matt Mogol (2010-2013) – Tracy started going out with her second husband Matt Mogol in 2010. They got married in a lavish wedding ceremony in September 2011 in Big Sur, California. In May 2012, she gave birth to a daughter, Penelope Mogol. However, about a year after the birth of their daughter, she decided to split from Matt in May 2013. They were not on good terms leading up to the announcement of their separation.
- Nicholas Riley (2016-2018) – In 2016, Tracy started dating the hedge fund manager Nicholas Riley. In early 2018, the couple revealed through an Instagram post that they had gotten engaged. However, in April 2018, it was reported that Tracy and Nicholas had decided to call off their engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite body
- Broad smile
- Strong jawline
33-24-32 in or 84-61-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
Apart from the promotion of her own products and DVDs, Tracy hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand nor has appeared in any TV commercial.
Best Known For
- Having worked as a personal trainer with some of the leading Hollywood celebs such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, Courtney Cox, and Lena Dunham.
- The popularity of her The Tracy Anderson Method, which many claims to have helped transform their bodies.
In 1994, she made her first film appearance in the sports drama, Blue Chips in the role of cheerleader/dancer. She was 17 at that time. However, her appearance in the movie was uncredited.
Her first credited appearance in the film was in the superhero flick, Iron Man 2, in which she served as a personal trainer of her close friend Gwyneth Paltrow’s character.
First TV Show
In October 2012, Tracy made her first TV show appearance as herself on the news talk show, Today.
Tracy Anderson works out regularly to keep her famous figure in perfect shape. Her workout sessions last for about an hour. She divides her workout session into 30 minutes of cardio work and 30 minutes of muscular work.
For cardio, her preferred choice is dancing. However, she doesn’t mind going with jogging or aerobics. She doesn’t like indoor cycling. If she has to cycle, she prefers to head outdoors.
For the muscular work, she relies on dynamic waving arms at every angle possible. It also involves lifting a very lightweight over high repetitions. However, instead of focusing on bigger muscles, she focuses on smaller, stabilizing muscles. Also, she is not a fan of some traditional core exercises such as crunches and sit-ups.
As per her diet, she prefers to keep it simple. She also allows herself to indulge every once in a while. She likes to start her day with a wellness shake, which counts kale, banana amongst ingredients.
For lunch, she likes to have quesadillas with cheese. However, as she is allergic to gluten, she goes for organic corn tortillas and for cheese, she likes organic cheddar cheese.
Flounder is her choice for dinner. It is a light fish dish served over creamy mashed potatoes and along with sautéed Brussel sprouts. She takes care of her hunger pangs with organic chocolate.
Tracy Anderson Favorite Things
- Workout Song – Live Forever by Travis Barker
- Way to eat eggs – Omelet with mozzarella, tomato, and spinach
- Kind of Date – Dinner
- Closet Items – Vintage style RRL Ralph Lauren dresses
- Pizza Toppings – Pepperoni
- Wine – Domaine Ott Rose
- Beauty Products – Got Physical Balm by Tracy Anderson, Mando Serum by Tracy Anderson, The Cure X by Herbal Face Food, The Serum by Augustinus Bader
Tracy Anderson Facts
- Tracy is an outspoken critic of the Soul Cycle fitness chain. In her interviews, she maintains that they have stolen one of her workout inventions through her former employee. And that invention is a network of system of resistance bands attached to the ceiling.
- Tracy got her first big breakthrough after Gwyneth Paltrow recommended her to Madonna, who asked Anderson to live with her as she reshaped Madonna’s body over the course of nine months. She also accompanied Madonna on her Sticky and Sweet tour.
- At a very young age, she started taking dance lessons. In her teens, she moved to New York City to pursue a professional dance career.
- In her first year in New York City, she went on to gain about 40 pounds and as she was studying on a dance scholarship, it was important for her to lose weight, which compelled her to focus on weight loss.
- However, she didn’t start working on her method until she was forced to lose 60 pounds after the birth of her son. She was 21 years old at that time.
- Apart from opening her gym studios, she has expanded her business empire to include hair salon chains, a clothing line, and a meal delivery service.
- She played competitive chess as a kid.
- Tracy is very picky about her coffee and fills half cup with coffee and the remaining half with oat milk foam.
- Tracy is a big Star Wars fan.
- The first concert which she had attended was Genesis.
- As a child, she was very shy.
- In order to improve her knowledge, she has made a habit of reading daily.
- Since the age of 23, she didn’t have any alcohol other than wine.
- She loves green soup.
- If she could wear only one thing for the rest of her life, it would be Loro Piana cashmere.
- She loves trying new recipes.
- Tracy loves eating warm bread which is dipped in olive oil and salt.
- There is a gap of 14 years between her 2 children. She was 23 when she first became mom.
- She loves Christmas Eve.
- Her mother was the owner of a dance school The Dancin’ Place in Noblesville, Indiana for more than 50 years.
- She can play the piano.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0