|Steve Irwin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1962|
|Date of Death||September 4, 2006|
Steve Irwin was an Australian zookeeper, television personality, conservationist, wildlife expert, and environmentalist who became world-renowned for his series, The Crocodile Hunter (1996–2007).
Stephen Robert Irwin
Steve, Steveo, The Crocodile Hunter
He was born on February 22, 1962.
Steve died on September 4, 2006, from a heart injury caused by a stingray while shooting in the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland. He was 44 years old at that time.
Upper Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia
Zookeeper, Television Personality, Conservationist, Wildlife Expert, Environmentalist
- Father – Bob Irwin
- Mother – Lyn Irwin (Died in 2000)
- Siblings – Joy Irwin (Sister), Mandy Irwin (Sister)
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve had dated –
- Terri Raines (1991-2006) – Steve married Terri Raines on June 4, 1992. They welcomed daughter Bindi Irwin (b. July 24, 1998) and son Robert Irwin (b. December 1, 2003). The couple stayed together until Steve’s death in 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Irish ancestry on his father’s side.
- Enthusiastic communication style
- His catchphrase ‘Crikey!’
- Khakhi-colored uniform
Steve Irwin Facts
- Every year, 15th November is celebrated as ‘Steve Irwin Day’.
- He named his daughter Bindi Sue in honor of his favorite animals – a female crocodile named Bindi and his beloved family dog named Sui.
- Steve has an asteroid named after his signature catchphrase called 57567 Crikey.
- He discovered a new species of turtle in 1997 and named it Elseya irwini (Irwin’s turtle). Moreover, a newly found species of air-breathing land snail was named Crikey steveirwini in 2009.
- He was passionate about rugby, cricket, football, surfing, and MMA.
- In January 2004, Steve faced backlash for endangering his 1-month-old son Robert’s safety by carrying him in his arms while feeding a 3.8-meter saltwater crocodile.
Featured Image by Richard Giles / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0