Bindi Sue Irwin
Buderim, Queensland, Australia
Irwin was homeschooled.
Actress, TV Personality, singer
- Father – Steve Irwin (Naturalist, TV Personality, Zoologist, Conservationist)
- Mother – Terri Irwin (Naturalist, Zoologist, Conservationist)
- Siblings – Robert Clarence Irwin (Younger Brother) (TV Personality)
- Other – Robert “Bob” Irwin (Grandfather), Lyn Irwin (Grandmother), Judy Raines (Grandmother), Clarence Raines (Grandfather)
Bindi Irwin is signed with Australia Zoo.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bindi Irwin dated –
- Chandler Powell – Bindi got engaged to Chandler on her 21st birthday on July 24, 2019. On March 25, 2020, Chandler and Bindi married each other. On August 11, 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together in 2021. They welcomed their daughter, Grace Warrior Irwin Powell on March 25, 2021. Grace was born at 5:52 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs and 7 oz at the time of her birth.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde Hair
35-26-34 in or 89-66-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
In 2014, Bindi became an ambassador for SeaWorld.
Best Known For
Bindi is best known as the daughter of the well-known zoologist, naturalist and TV personality, Steve Irwin who lost his life after he got stung in the chest by a stingray barb in September 2006.
She is known for following her dad’s footsteps and appearing in numerous TV shows.
Bindi’s first album called Trouble in the Jungle released in 2007. It is a hip hop album.
Irwin first appeared in the direct-to-video family film Free Willy: Escape from Pirate’s Cove in 2010 as Kirra Cooper.
First TV Show
Bindi had her first television appearance in 2007 when she played as herself in the children’s television nature documentary series Bindi the Jungle Girl (2007-2008).
Bindi Irwin is one super energized person just like her dad Steve Irwin was. Her passion of exploring the animal world has been so inspirational. Since she started following her dad’s footsteps, it’s obvious that she needed to take care of her health and physical preparation too was necessary. We all know that the physical shape of one naturalist and zoologist is not the key factor to their success and popularity, so we got to be honest and say that Bindi is still not one of those who visits the gym and work on shaping their body.
Bindi Irwin Favorite Things
- Animal – Echidnas
Source – mag.amazing-kids.org
Bindi Irwin Facts
- She got her first name “Bindi” from her father’s favorite crocodile with the same name, who lived at the Australian Zoo. Her middle name “Sue” was taken from her father’s dog “Sui.”
- Bindi actually means “young girl” in the Aboriginal language.
- She first appeared in a TV show when she was 2.
- She had always guest appeared in her father’s television shows on a regular basis.
- Bindi’s father was killed by a stingray barb on September 4, 2006.
- After the death of her father, Bindi and her mother Terri said that they will continue Steve’s work in exploring nature and the life of the animals.
- Bindi appeared on the cover of the Australian magazine New Idea at the age of 8. That made her the youngest person to ever appear on the cover of that magazine in its 104-year history.
- Irwin won the 2008 Most Popular New Female Talent Logie Award on May 4, 2008.
- She gives 10% of her wage to the charity foundation founded by her family, named Wildlife Warriors.
- Irwin was nine when she won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series.
- In 2015, she participated in the season 21 of dance competition show Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with choreographer Derek Hough.