New York City, New York, USA
Dunham attended Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn and graduated in 2008 with a BA from Oberlin College.
Actress, writer, film director
- Father – Carroll Dunham (Painter)
- Mother – Laurie Simmons (Artist as well as photographer)
- Siblings – Grace Dunham (Younger Sister) (Actress and poet)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Dunham dated –
- Jack Antonoff (2012-2017) – From 2012 to 2017, Lena dated Fun band’s lead guitarist, Jack Antonoff. They confirmed about their split in January 2018.
- Unidentified (2018) – In March 2018, she was found spending time with a man whose identity is not known. She had wrapped her arm around his shoulders while walking in the streets.
Race / Ethnicity
Boy cut hair
36-28-38 in or 91.5-71-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
She is Protestant on her father’s side and Jewish on her mother’s side.
Best Known For
Playing Hannah Horvath in the HBO’s TV series Girls since 2012. Lena is also the creator, producer, director, and writer of this show.
In 2006, Lena played the role as Georgia in the short film titled Dealing. She was also the director and writer of the film.
First TV Show
In 2007, Dunham played the lead role in the TV series Tight Shots. She was also the writer, editor, and director of this show.
Her workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Lena Dunham Favorite Things
- Movie – Fish Tank (2009)
- Children TV Show – Rugrats (1991-2004)
- Book – The Private Diaries of Catherine Deneuve (By Catherine Deneuve)
- Authors – David Sedaris, Nora Ephron, Kay Thompson, Philip Roth, Sheila Heti, Sylvia Plath, Vladimir Nabokov
- Pinkberry Flavor – Original Tart
- Pinkberry Topping – Mochi
- Musicians – Alanis Morissette, Kaff McCombs, Rihanna, Mirah
- Young Filmmakers – The Safdie Brothers, Amy Seimetz, Sean Durkin, Ry Russo-Young
Lena Dunham Facts
- She is a feminist.
- As a kid, she was treated with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- She is a liberal Democrat.
- Lena also hosted the NBC’s late-night television sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live on March 8, 2014, with the musical guests The National.
- She spent most of her childhood in Brooklyn.
- To relieve herself from anxiety, Dunham takes a low dose of antidepressant.
- Jemima Kirke (Lena’s Girls co-star) and Lena studied in the same school.
- See what Lena likes to keep on her bookshelf. She mainly likes to read the biography and autobiography of famous women.
- She has English, and distant German, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry on her father’s side.
- Hear more from Lena on Twitter and Instagram.