|Luis Felber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1986|
Luis Felber is a British musician who is best known as one of the founders of the record label and nightclub Young Turks. In his solo career, he has released an EP titled Spells (2020) and a studio album titled Patterns (2021). Before embarking on a solo career, he was one half of a musical duo called Shuga and had also been a member of the party band called Turbogeist.
Luis Delfin Attawalpa Saul Felber
Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
- Siblings – Alma-Kori Felber (Sister). He also has a brother.
- Others – Carroll Dunham (Father-in-Law) (Painter), Laurie Simmons (Mother-in-Law) (Artist, Photographer, Filmmaker), Cyrus Grace Dunham (Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Poet, Writer, Activist)
- Young Turks
- Luv Luv Luv
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luis has dated –
- Lena Dunham (2021-Present) – Luis had started dating American actress, filmmaker, and writer Lena Dunham in January 2021 after a mutual friend had set them up. They got married in September 2021 in a Jewish ceremony in England.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
He is of Peruvian descent on his mother’s side and British descent on his father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
Luis Felber Facts
- Born to a Peruvian mother and a British father in England, Luis had spent most of his early years in Peru and Chile before moving back to the UK when he was 7 years old.
- His middle name Atahualpa was given to him by his mother after the 16th-century king Atahualpa, one of the last rulers of the Inca Empire, the largest empire in pre-Columbian America. His brother had also received the middle name Tupaq to reflect the other remaining ruler in what is now known as Peru.
- In his teens, he was a highly talented guitarist and had participated in several local bands. By the age of 17, he had decided that he would pursue a career in music. When he had started touring, in his 20s, he had become addicted to alcohol and had undergone therapy for the same in 2017.
- He had once co-written a song with the legendary English musician Mick Jagger which was later featured on the 2016 crime/period drama TV series, Vinyl. Mick was one of the co-creators of that TV series.
- In 2020, he had started recording and performing solo under the name Attawalpa, a modified version of his middle name. His first release was an EP titled Spells.
- In 2021, he had released his debut solo studio album titled Patterns. It had consisted of 5 songs that were released throughout the pandemic. His wife, Lena Dunham, had directed the music video for one of those songs titled Tucked in Tight.
- They had filmed the video on an iPhone in the English countryside. The couple had later started working on a soundtrack for a film called Catherine, Called Birdy, and had begun writing a script that was loosely based on their relationship.
Featured Image by Luis Felber / Instagram