|Jiah Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jiah Khan was a British-American actress, model, and singer who gained fame by appearing in Hindi films such as Ghajini, Nishabd, and Housefull.
Nafisa Rizvi Khan
She was born on February 20, 1988.
On June 3, 2013, Jiah Khan passed away after committing suicide at the age of 25 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
New York City, New York, United States
Jiah Khan got enrolled at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Manhattan, New York, but later dropped out when she was offered a film role.
Actress, Singer, Model
- Father – Ali Rizvi Khan (Indian American Businessman)
- Mother – Rabiya Amin (Hindi Film Actress)
- Siblings – Kavita (Younger Sister), Karishma (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sangeeta (born Parveen Rizvi) (Paternal Aunt) (Pakistani Actress), Kaveeta (born Nasreen Rizvi) (Paternal Aunt) (Pakistani Actress)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jiah Khan had dated –
- Sooraj Pancholi – She was allegedly in a live-in relationship with Indian actor Sooraj Pancholi and a 6-page suicide note, addressed to Sooraj Pancholi, was found by Jiah’s sister on June 7, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Jiah Khan had Indian American roots on her father’s side.
- Gorgeous hair
- Lean physique
Jiah Khan had served as the brand ambassador for Wrangler Jeans along with John Abraham.
She grew up in a Muslim household.
Jiah Khan Favorite Things
- Childhood Movies – Colorful (1995), The Devil’s Advocate (1997)
- Singer – Aaliyah
- Cricketer – Rahul Dravid
- Designers – Dolce and Gabbana, Jitrois
Source – IMDb
Jiah Khan Facts
- She was raised by her mother in London.
- Her father left the family when she was 2 years old and Jiah once said: “A man who left his daughter when she was two, should be hanged in public”.
- Her stage name “Jiah” was inspired by Angelina Jolie‘s movie Gia (1998).
- She was 6 years old when she watched Urmila Matondkar‘s movie Rangeela and was inspired to enter the film industry.
- Jiah Khan made her theatrical film debut in the 1998 Indian Hindi-language romantic thriller film, Dil Se.., but her role went uncredited.
- Her first credited theatrical film appearance came in the 2007 Indian drama film, Nishabd, in which she co-starred alongside Amitabh Bachchan. Also, this role got her nominated for the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut”.
- Jiah Khan was trained in various dance styles including salsa, belly dancing, kathak, lambada, jazz, samba, and reggae.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0