|Matthew Broderick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1962|
|Spouse||Sarah Jessica Parker|
Matthew Broderick is a talented American actor, comedian, director, and singer. He is known for his roles in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Lion King, The Producers, WarGames, Glory, The Freshman, The Cable Guy, Godzilla, Election, Inspector Gadget, and You Can Count on Me.
Manhattan, New York, United States
- West Village, Lower Manhattan, New York, United States
- Kilcar, County Donegal, Ireland
- The Hamptons, Long Island, New York, United States
Matthew Broderick studied at City and Country School in Manhattan and completed his high school from a private school called Walden School in Manhattan. Later, he took acting lessons at HB Studio in Greenwich Village, New York City.
Actor, Comedian, Singer, Director
- Father – James Broderick (Actor, World War II veteran)
- Mother – Patricia Biow (Playwright, Actress, Painter)
- Siblings – Janet Broderick Kraft (Older Sister) (Episcopal Priest), Martha Broderick (Older Sister) (Therapist)
- Others – James Joseph Broderick (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Martindale (Paternal Grandmother), Milton Harry Biow (Maternal Grandfather), Sofie/Sophia/Sophie Taub (Maternal Grandmother)
Matthew Broderick is managed by –
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Broderick has dated –
- Kyra Sedgwick
- Daisy Foote (1985-1986)
- Helen Hunt (1986)
- Jennifer Grey (1987-1988)
- Sarah Jessica Parker (1992-Present) – They got married on May 19, 1997. They have 3 children – a son named James Wilkie (b. October 28, 2002) and twin daughters named Tabitha Hodge and Marion Loretta Elwell (b. June 22, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and one-quarter English ancestry on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Often clean shaven
- Sweet smile
Matthew Broderick has done endorsement work for brands such as –
- Biography Channel
- The United Way
- The New York Times newspaper
Matthew Broderick Facts
- His political views are liberal.
- He was involved in a car accident while on vacation with his former girlfriend Jennifer Grey killing 2 passengers in the other car, in Ireland.
- He met his wife Sarah Jessica Parker through her brother, Timothy Britten Parker.
- On January 9, 2006, he was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He studied Reiki in Brooklyn for many years.
- On his wife’s 40th birthday, he sang I Can Only Give You Love.
- In August 2006, he broke his collarbone in a horse-riding accident in County Donegal, Ireland.
- He and his wife are both left-handed.
- On his nightstand, there is an asthma inhaler, change, some batteries, and books.
- To get out of a bad mood, he cooks, goes bike riding, and watches a black-and-white movie.
- If he could be a superhero, he would either be Superman or The Invisible Man.
- If he could change anything in the world, he would end poverty.
- His food vice is Bologna.
- The healthiest thing he does is a bike ride and reading.
- In April 2022, it was revealed that Matthew had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Nick Step / Flickr / CC BY-2.0