|Helen Hunt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1963|
Helen Hunt is a well distinguished American actress, director, and screenwriter who is best known for making several silver screen appearances in films such as Cast Away (2000), As Good as it Gets (1997), and Twister (1996). She is also noted for her role as Jamie Stemple Buchman in the rom-com show Mad About You (1992-1999). Helen has won several awards including an Oscar award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role” in 1998. She also has a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Facebook, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Helen Elizabeth Hunt
Culver City, California, United States
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Helen completed her schooling from Providence High School in Burbank, California. Later, she joined the University of California, Los Angeles, but dropped out by the end of the 1st month itself.
Actress, Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Gordon Hunt (Director, Actor, Producer, Writer)
- Mother – Jane Elizabeth Novis (Photographer)
- Siblings – Colleen Hunt (Sister)
- Others – Peter H. Hunt (Uncle) (Director), Dorothy Jane Anderson (Maternal Grandmother) (Voice Coach), Edward Norman Novis (Maternal Grandfather), George Smith Hunt II (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Florence Roberts (Paternal Grandmother)
Helen is represented by Slate PR (Public Relations Agency).
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Helen has dated –
- Adam Guettel – Helen was rumored to be dating composer-lyricist Adam Guettel in the past.
- Matthew Broderick (1986) – Helen dated actor Matthew Broderick for a short while in 1986.
- Doc O’Conner (1991-1992) – Helen was rumored to be dating Doc O’Conner from 1991 to 1992.
- Eric Stoltz (1992) – Helen and actor Eric Stoltz were believed to have been dating in 1992.
- Hank Azaria (1994-2000) – Actor Hank Azaria and Helen started dating in 1994. The two got married in 1999. Unfortunately for them, their marriage ended 17 months later.
- Matthew Carnahan (2001-2017) – Helen and producer Matthew Carnahan began dating in 2001. The couple always appeared to be deeply in love with each other. However, behind closed doors, Helen found it difficult to trust Matthew as she thought that he was cheating on her. The two were in an on and off relationship for 16 years and had a child together, a girl named Makena Lei Gordon Carnahan (b. 2004) through IVF treatment. Later, in 2017, the couple finally ended their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Helen has half Ashkenazi Jewish and half English ancestry on her father’s side, while, on her mother’s side, she is of English descent.
- Thin Lips
- Looks a lot like actress Jodie Foster
In 2000, Helen appeared in a print ad for Sensa Pens to promote their aid in the Healing Hands Project.
Helen is Methodist and Jewish.
Best Known For
- Winning several awards including an Oscar award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role” in 1998 for her role As Good as it Gets (1997) and several Golden Globe awards for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical” in the rom-com Mad About You
- Directing the film Then She Found Me (2007) and Ride (2014)
- Being ranked among People Magazine‘s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 1998
Helen made her theatrical film debut as Tracy Calder in Rollercoaster in 1977.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Jill Prentiss in the crime drama series Amy Prentiss in 1974.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut in the animated series Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour in 1982.
Helen’s workout routine consists of outdoor sports such as surfing and paddleboarding.
Helen Hunt Favorite Things
- Place To Go-To – Hawaii
- Movies – Top Hat (1935)
- Actress – Maggie Smith
- Food – Vegan diet food from In-N-Out Burger
Source – Parade, HealthyLivingMagazine.us
Helen Hunt Facts
- She was born in Culver City but raised in New York City, after her parents shifted there when she was just 3 years old.
- As a child, Hunt used to tag along with her father to his workplace where he would direct theatre while she would sit and watch.
- She is a trained ballet dancer.
- Helen was 10 years old when she starred in her first TV movie titled Pioneer Woman in 1973.
- In 2006, Helen bought an apartment in Upper West Side, New York for $2.4 million which she listed for $2.75 million in 2011.
- In 2015, she was described by the New York Post as “Brisk, Funny, and Touching” for her role in Ride (2014).
- She co-founded the company Hunt/Tavel Productions alongside TV producer Connie Tavel. The production company was made as a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- In January 2017, she joined more than 5 million people at the 2017 Women’s March to revolt against a controversial statement that was made by President Donald J Trump. The protest was recorded to be one of the largest single-day protests in the history of the United States.
- Every year, she and actor-director Anthony Edwards get together to rejoice the spirit of Thanksgiving.
- She is best friends with actress Helen Slater.
- Helen got an up-close look at the attacks on the World Trade Center from her apartment.
- In 1998, she became the 2nd actress to have won a Golden Globe, Oscar, and an Emmy award in the same year after actress Liza Minnelli won them in 1973.
- Helen was 14 years old when she traveled to Hawaii for the first time. Since then, she started going there more often.
- In 1994, she was featured in the music video for The Muppets – She Drives Me Crazy.
- During the season from 1998-1999 of Mad About You, Helen was being paid a salary of $1 million per episode.
- In the past, Helen asked novelist Robert B. Parker to write a novel with a character who is a female private detective. This led to a series of books that he wrote from 1999-2006.
- Helen has a pet dog.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by celebrityabc / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0