|DeAndre Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DeAndre Jordan is an American professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has also played for teams like Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, and Philadelphia 76ers in the past. During the course of his career, he has won several tournaments and has been the recipient of numerous honors such as “NBA Rebounding Leader”.
Hyland DeAndre Jordan, Jr.
Houston, Texas, United States
DeAndre first went to Episcopal High School until his senior year when he decided to shift to Christian Life Center.
After finishing high school, Jordan was wanted by Florida, Florida State, Texas, Texas A&M, Kentucky, LSU and other colleges. Finally, he chose to attend Texas A&M.
DeAndre finished his freshman year at Texas A&M and decided to forgo his remaining years at the college and to enter the 2008 NBA Draft instead.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Hyland Jordan
- Mother – Kimberly Jordan
- Siblings – Brett Jordan (Brother), Cory Jordan (Brother), Avery Jordan (Younger Brother) (Football Player)
Jordan is his own manager.
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
120 kg or 265 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
DeAndre Jordan dated –
- Anara Atanes (2012) – In 2012, DeAndre dated the English model Anara Atanes for a brief period.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Long arms
- Body full of tattoos
DeAndre has appeared in a TV commercial for State Farm and ESPN.
Best Known For
His athleticism and his devastating dunks over his opponents
First Basketball Match
Jordan had his NBA debut on November 1, 2008, when as a player of the Los Angeles Clippers, he played against the Utah Jazz. The Clippers lost the game with the final result being 101-79 for the Jazz. DeAndre spent 2:44 minutes on the court and achieved 2 points along with 1 rebound.
- Excellent Athleticism (Vertical jump, explosiveness)
- Finishing at the rim (Dunking)
- Post moves
- Ball Handling
- Free Throws
In 2014, DeAndre acted as himself in the drama movie Beyond the Lights.
Before that, he was already seen in bunch of short films in 2013 and 2014.
First TV Show
Jordan first appeared in the family game show Wheel of Fortune in an episode in 2013 as himself.
DeAndre’s athletic potential has grown over the years and nowadays, he is considered as one of the topmost dominating centers of his generation.
He definitely works on his body during the off-season and as a proof, we suggest you to check the following video.
DeAndre Jordan Facts
- Jordan was selected as the 35th overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2008 NBA Draft.
- He competed at the 2007 U19 World Championships in Serbia. USA’s team achieved the silver medal with a total record of 8 wins and 1 loss during the whole tournament.
- After he finished high school, Jordan was ranked as the 8th prospect and 2nd center in the country by Rivals.com.
- On December 11, 2011, Jordan penned an offer sheet with the Golden State Warriors and was about to leave Los Angeles Clippers. The deal that warriors offered was worth 43 million dollars for a total of 4 years. Eventually, Clippers decided to keep DeAndre and matched the offer only a day after on December 12.
- He switched his jersey number from 9 to 6 before the start of 2011-2012 NBA season.
- On July 3, 2015, Jordan agreed to shift to Dallas Mavericks for a contract worth 80 millions dollars. However, 5 days later, he met with the Clippers’ officials and agreed on extending his contract with the team for a price of 88 million dollars.