|Clayton Kershaw Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1988|
Clayton Kershaw is an American professional baseball player who has played, as a starting pitcher, for the Los Angeles Dodgers (2008–Present) in Major League Baseball (MLB). Regarded as one of the greatest pitchers in the history of the sport, he has been selected 8 times for the MLB‘s ‘All-Star Game’ (2011–2017, 2019) and named the National League (NL) ‘MVP’ in 2014. He was a part of the Dodgers team that won the World Series Championship in 2020.
Clayton Edward Kershaw
Kersh, The Claw
Dallas, Texas, United States
Studio City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Clayton had completed his high school graduation, in 2006, from the Highland Park High School in his hometown of Dallas.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Christopher George Kershaw (Musician) (d. 2013)
- Mother – Marianne Tombaugh
- Others – Clyde William Tombaugh (Maternal Grand Uncle) (Astronomer, Discoverer of the Dwarf Planet Pluto), Robert Marvin Tombaugh (Maternal Grandfather), Ethel Nadine Witt (Maternal Grandmother) George Clayton Kershaw (Paternal Grandfather), Alice Irene Evans (Paternal Grandmother), Ann Higginbottom (Sister-in-Law)
22 – Los Angeles Dodgers
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clayton has dated –
- Ellen Melson (2003–Present) – Clayton had started dating Ellen Melson in 2003 and the couple got married on December 4, 2010, in a ceremony at the Highland Park Presbyterian Church in University Park, Texas. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Cali Ann Kershaw (b. 2015) and 2 sons named Charley Clayton Kershaw (b. 2016) and Cooper Ellis Kershaw (b. 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of German and English descent and has part Irish and Welsh ancestry as well.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on his left cheek
Methodism (Protestant Christianity)
Clayton has endorsed and promoted brands such as –
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Under Armour
- Muscle Milk
- Skechers USA, Inc.
Clayton Kershaw Facts
- Clayton, after his high school graduation, had committed to join the Texas A&M University. However, he had also entered the 2006 MLB Draft and was picked 7th overall by the Los Angeles Dodgers. The franchise had offered him a signing bonus of USD 2.3 million and he had to, consequently, turn down the university’s scholarship offer. This was the largest signing bonus ever awarded to a draft pick in the franchise’s history.
- In May 2008, he had become the youngest player ever to feature in an MLB game.
- He had completed the pitching ‘Triple Crown’ (leading a league in wins, strikeouts, and earned run average (ERA)) in 2011. The same year, he had won the National League (NL) ‘Cy Young Award’, presented annually to the best pitcher in the league. He was the youngest pitcher to achieve both these feats, since Dwight Gooden in 1985. He had repeated the latter feat in both 2013 and 2014.
- As of October 2020, he had held the record of maintaining the lowest career earned run average (ERA) (2.44) and the lowest walks plus hits per inning pitched rate (WHIP) (1.01) in the live-ball era (with the qualification of a minimum of 1,000 innings pitched).
Featured Image by Clayton Kershaw / Instagram