|Elisabeth Moss Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1982|
Elisabeth Moss is an actress from America who has been seen in The West Wing (1999-2006), Mad Men (2007-2015), Top of the Lake, The Handmaid’s Tale, etc. She has been seen in adverts for Secret Platinum and Excedrin. She is known for appearing in films like The Missing, Day Zero, Imaginary Crimes, Girl, Interrupted, etc.
Elisabeth Singleton Moss
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
She was homeschooled by a private tutor and managed to graduate
from high school two years early in 1999, at the age of 16.
While homeschooling, she started learning ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City. After that, Moss went to John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Actress, Film Producer
- Father – Ronald Charles Moss (Musician)
- Mother – Linda Moss (Musician)
- Siblings – Derek Moss (Younger Brother)
- Others – Bernard Hugo Ekstrom (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Jane Hammersmith/Hammerschmitt (Maternal Grandmother)
- Sharon Jackson, Esther ChangWilliam, Talent Agent, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Sarah Camlett, Talent Agent, Independent Talent Group, London, UK
- Gay Ribisi, Manager, Ribisi Entertainment Group, Los Angeles, U.S.
- Jamie O’Hara, Talent Agent Commercial, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Erica Gray and Sara Planco, Publicists, Viewpoint, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elisabeth Moss has dated –
- Fred Armisen (2008-2011) – Moss met American actor, musician and Saturday Night Live comedian Fred Armisen in October 2008 and started dating. In January 2009, they got engaged and finally got married in October 2009 in Long Island City in New York. But somehow, in June 2010, they separated. In September 2010, Elisabeth filed for divorce, which was finalized on May 13, 2011.
- Adam Arkapaw (2012-2015) – Moss was in a relationship with an
Australian cinematographer, Adam Arkapaw from 2012 to 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Swedish, German and Austrian descent on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in different colors such as ‘Blonde’, etc.
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Excedrin (2005)
- Secret Platinum (2005)
- Telecharge.com (2015) (as a part of ‘The Heidi Chronicles’)
Best Known For
Playing Peggy Olson in the AMC series Mad Men (2007-2015), Hulu series The Handmaid’s
Tale and the film The One I Love (2014).
She first appeared in the science fiction comedy film Suburban Commando in 1991 in the role of a little girl.
First TV Show
In 1990, Elisabeth was seen in television mini-series Lucky Chances in the role of Lucky.
Elisabeth has always remained active in ballet which has helped her to stay fit in the long run.
Elisabeth Moss Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate, sweets, candy, ice-cream
- Word – Coconut
- Books – Anything by Salinger
- Smell – Jasmine
Source – The Guardian
Elisabeth Moss Facts
- She won her first Emmy award in 2017 (for her work in The Handmaid’s Tale) despite being nominated for 7 times before that (6 times for Mad Men and once for miniseries Top of the Lake).
- Moss graduated from high school 2 years early.
- She goes to Disneyland every year.
- Elisabeth learned ballet along with Suzanne Farrell when she was at Kennedy Center.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Elisabeth Moss / Instagram