|Jimmy Dean Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1928|
|Date of Death||June 13, 2010|
Jimmy Dean was a highly-acclaimed American singer, television host, actor, businessman, and philanthropist who is mostly remembered for singing popular songs like Big Bad John (1961), The First Thing Every Morning (1965), P.T. 109 (1962), I.O.U. (1976), Bumming Around (1952), Oklahoma Bill (1961), To A Sleeping Beauty (1961), etc.
Jimmy Ray Dean
Jimmy was born on August 10, 1928.
On June 13, 2010, he passed away at the age of 81 years in Varina, Virginia from an unknown cause.
Seth Ward, Texas, United States
Singer, Television Host, Actor, Businessman, Philanthropist
- Father – George Otto Dean
- Mother – Ruth Taylor
At the time of his death, Jimmy Dean’s net worth was $50 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
Vocals, Accordion, Piano
- Columbia Records
- RCA Records
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jimmy Dean had dated –
- Mary Sue Wittauer (1950-1990) – He tied the knot with Mary Sue Wittauer on July 11, 1950. The couple became parents to 2 sons named Garry Dean and Robert Dean as well as a daughter named Connie Dean. After learning about Jimmy’s affair with Donna Meade, Mary Sue filed for divorce, which was finalized in 1990.
- Donna Meade (1990-2010) – The Stand Beside Me crooner married Donna Meade, a singer, songwriter, and recording artist in 1991. They did not have any children together. Moreover, the two stayed married until his death on June 13, 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He had English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ at the time of his death.
- Bright smile
- Elongated chin
- Tall height
Jimmy Dean Facts
- His most memorable film role was playing the Bond villain Willard Whyte, which was loosely based on the billionaire Howard Hughes, in the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever (1971) starring Sean Connery as the suave British spy.
- Jimmy was scheduled to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in October 2010. Sadly, he passed away only a few months before the event.
- He and the Rebel Without a Cause (1955) actor, James Dean were distant cousins.
- In 1969, he launched the sausage brand, Jimmy Dean Pure Pork Sausage, which became hugely successful throughout the subsequent decades.
- Due to the widespread popularity of his 1961 song Big Bad John, the professional wrestler William Desmond Goodman used it as his wrestling name.
- Jimmy released his autobiography titled 30 Years of Sausage, 50 Years of Ham in 2004.
- Eddie Fisher, the famous singer and father of actress Carrie Fisher, was born on the same day as him i.e., August 10, 1928.
- His breakout song Big Bad John became #1 on Billboard Magazine’s Country Charts as well as the Hot 100 Charts upon its release in 1961.
- In 2008, Jimmy donated $1 million to the Wayland Baptist University located in Plainview. The generous donation was the largest amount given by a single individual in the institution’s history.
Featured Image by William Morris Agency / Wikimedia / Public Domain