|Romola Garai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1982|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Romola Garai is an English actor, voice actor, film director, theatre artist, and writer. She has been cast in a variety of on-screen projects such as The Last of the Blonde Bombshells, Attachments, I Capture the Castle, Nicholas Nickleby, Scoop, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, Vanity Fair, Inside I’m Dancing, The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant, Renaissance, As You Like It, Amazing Grace, Angel, Great Performances, The Other Man, Atonement, The Crimson Petal and the White, Emma, Glorious 39, Junkhearts, One Day, The Last Days on Mars, The Hour, Having You, The Great War: The People’s Story, Legacy, Born to Kill, Suffragette, Dominion, Churchill’s Secret, The Miniaturist, The Windermere Children, Miss Marx, and Becoming Elizabeth.
Romola Sadie Garai
British Hong Kong
She attended Stonar School, an independent boarding school in Wiltshire.
Subsequently, at sixteen, Romola went to attend the City of London School for Girls, where she completed her A-Levels.
Later, she went to study English Literature at Queen Mary, University of London.
Finally, Romola went to an Open University to graduate with a first-class degree.
Actor, Voice Actor, Film Director, Theatre Artist, Writer
- Father – Adrian E. R. Garai (Bank Manager)
- Mother – Janet A. (née Brown) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Rosie Garai (Sister), Roxy Garai (Sister), Ralph Garai (Brother)
- Others – Bernhard “Bert” Garai (Garai’s Great Grandfather) (Hungarian Jewish immigrant), Oliver Frank Garai (Paternal Grandfather), Joan G. Gibson (Paternal Grandmother)
Garai has been signed to ARG Talent Agency.
Her net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Romola Garai has dated –
- Diego Luna (2003-2004) – From 2003 to 2004, Mexican actor Diego Luna and his Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights co-star Romola Garai were romantically linked to each other.
- Sam Hoare (2011-Present) – British actor Sam Hoare and Romola started dating in 2011. Romola announced that she was expecting her first child in November 2012. She finally gave birth to a daughter in March 2013 and secretly married to Sam in 2014. The duo was later blessed with a 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
Romola Garai is of English and Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
38-28-38 in or 96.5-71-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Amazing Grace (2006), Atonement (2007), and Glorious 39 (2009).
She is also known for appearing in TV mini-series like Emma (2009), The Hour (2011), and The Crimson Petal and the White (2011).
Romola appeared in the 2000 film The Last of the Blonde Bombshells for her role as Young Elizabeth. It was a television film.
First TV Show
In 2000, Romola played the role of Zoe Atkins in the BBC TV series Attachments
Romola Garai Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Simpsons
- Horror Movie – The Blair Witch Project (1999)
- Documentaries – Bowling for Columbine (2002), The Road to Guantanamo (2006), Iraq in Fragments (2006)
- All-Time Favorite TV Character – Lisa Simpson
- Movies – The Wizard of Oz (1939), Fargo (1996), Orlando (1992)
- Film Directors – David Lynch, Ken Loach, Mike Leigh, Michael Winterbottom, The Coen brothers, Todd Haynes
- Female Actors – Samantha Morton, Emily Watson
Source – IMDb
Romola Garai Facts
- She is the third of four children.
- Romola took birth in Hong Kong to British parents.
- She likes to cook and travel in her free time.
- Romola has traveled to several places such as Austria, Singapore, Hong Kong, Morocco, Malaysia, Italy, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Romola’s great-grandfather founded the Keystone Press Agency.
- Her first name “Romola” is the Italian version of the name “Romolo”, which comes from Romulus, one of the founders of Rome. While her last name is Hungarian and is pronounced as “Garaie.”
- At 5, Romola traveled to Singapore with her family. At 8, she returned back to Wiltshire in England.
- She cites working in Angel (2006) as her proudest work as an actor.
- She was spotted by an agent at National Youth Theatre and signed her immediately after seeing her performance.
- She was formerly a model.
- She started acting professionally in 2000.
- In 2011, she brought to life the character of Isabel (Bel) Rowley (producer of The Hour) in the television period drama series The Hour. For this role, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film” and Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries.
- She played Rebecca Lane in the 2013 science fiction horror film The Last Days on Mars, based on the short story “The Animators” by Sydney J. Bounds.
- She was cast as Alice Haughton in the 2015 historical drama film Suffragette, starring Carey Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson, Anne-Marie Duff, Ben Whishaw, and Meryl Streep.
- Initially, she had planned only to concentrate on her studies, and not on acting. She changed her mind after appearing in the BBC-HBO TV film The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.
- She started filming Legacy (2013), 6 months after giving birth to her daughter.
- She portrayed the character of Eleanor Marx (youngest daughter of Karl Marx) in the 2020 biographical period drama film Miss Marx.
- She is not on social media.