|Emily Watson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1967|
Emily Watson is an English actress, theatre artist, and voiceover artist who is known for her critically acclaimed performances in several on-screen projects like The Luzhin Defence, Punch-Drunk Love, Gosford Park, Oranges and Sunshine, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, Chernobyl, The Theory of Everything, and Synecdoche, New York. For her role as Bess McNeill in Breaking the Waves, she was nominated for Academy Award for “Best Actress”. Moreover, Emily Watson has also been a part of various theatre productions including The Lady from the Sea, Othello, and All’s Well That Ends Well.
Emily Margaret Watson
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
Greenwich, London, England, United Kingdom
Emily Watson studied at St James Independent Schools and then got enrolled at the University of Bristol from where she graduated with a BA degree in 1988 and then received an MA (honorary) degree in 2003.
She also trained at Drama Studio London.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist
- Father – Richard Watson (Architect)
- Mother – Katharine (née Venables) (English Teacher at St David’s Girls’ School, West London)
- Sibling – Harriet Watson (Sister)
Emily Watson is represented by –
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Watson has dated –
- Jack Waters (1995-Present) – The duo got married in 1995 and parents 2 children – a daughter named Juliet (b. 2005) and a son named Dylan (b. 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
Emily Watson is of English and Scottish descent.
- High cheekbones
- Dimpled chin
She was raised as an Anglican.
Emily Watson Facts
- She is one of the few artists who have achieved the feat of receiving an Oscar nomination for their debut work.
- She was considered for the titular role in Bridget Jones’s Diary which finally went to Renée Zellweger.
- For her remarkable portrayal of Bess McNeill in Breaking the Waves (1996), Emily Watson was placed at the 18th spot on the “100 Greatest Performances of All Time” list curated by Premiere Magazine in 2006.
- She is often confused for being the Harry Potter fame actress Emma Watson.
- She supports the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
- For services to drama, Emily Watson was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2015 New Year Honours.
- She is an Arsenal F.C. supporter.
Featured Image by Bruno Chatelin / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0