|Carey Mulligan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1985|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Carey Mulligan is a British actress, voiceover artist, theatre artist, and producer who made her theatrical film debut as Catherine “Kitty” Bennet in the 2005 romantic drama film, Pride & Prejudice. Since then, she has been cast in a variety of film and television roles like Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, Winnie Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, Kathy H in Never Let Me Go, Cassandra “Cassie” Thomas in Promising Young Woman, Jenny Mellor in An Education, Sissy Sullivan in Shame, Irene in Drive, Laura McAllan in Mudbound, Emily Pritchard in The Amazing Mrs Pritchard, Bathsheba Everdene in Far from the Madding Crowd, Jeanette Brinson in Wildlife, and Ada Clare in Bleak House.
Carey Hannah Mulligan
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Mulligan attended the International School of Düsseldorf in Germany. Post that, she attended Woldingham School in Surrey, England.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist, Producer
- Father – Stephen Mulligan (Hotel Manager)
- Mother – Nano (née Booth) (College Lecturer)
- Siblings – Owain (Older Brother) (Works in British Army)
- Others – Ernest Mulligan (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Athy (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Stephens Denzil Booth (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret A. M. James (Maternal Grandmother)
Carey has been signed with these talent agencies –
- Julian Belfrage Associates
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mulligan has dated –
- Shia LaBeouf (2009-2010) – Shia met Carey on the set of the 2010 movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. The two of them started dating in August 2009, when they were filming the movie. The relationship, however, went until October 2010, when they ultimately separated.
- Tom Sturridge (2010) – Tom was RUMORed to be dating Mulligan in October 2010. After her split from Shia, she was staying at Best Western Hotel and was photographed with Tom, who used to walk behind her to avoid being spotted and photographed.
- Eddie Redmayne (2011) – They were RUMORed to be dating when the two were spotted walking arm and arm in New York around January 2011.
- Marcus Mumford (2011-Present) – The childhood friends, musician Marcus and actress Carey met again as adults in February 2011 and liked the company of each other so much that they married on April 21, 2012. Marcus is the lead singer of “Mumford & Sons” in Somerset, England. The couple engaged somewhere in July 2011. Mumford is around 2 years younger than her. The couple welcomed their first daughter, Evelyn Mumford in September 2015. They also have a son named Wilfred (b. August 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Carey Mulligan is of Irish, Welsh, and English descent.
Brown hair and eyes
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 2012, she became the ambassador of the Alzheimer’s Society. The organization aims at creating awareness among the people about the diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
She was raised Catholic. She does not seem to be too religious.
Best Known For
Working in films like The Greatest (2009), An Education (2009), Never Let Me Go (2010), Drive (2011), Shame (2011).
2005 British romance film Pride & Prejudice for her role as Kitty Bennet.
First TV Show
She appeared in a TV series Bleak House in 2005 BBC television drama serial adaptation of Charles Dickens’ novel Bleak House. It was a mini TV series consisting of only 15 episodes.
Carey says that she does not do a heavy workout. She had told her trainer that she wants to look like a normal person, who doesn’t even go all six days for the exercises or some workout to gyms. She has been reported to be working out with just trails and cross-trainers, i.e. cardio is most important for her. She likes to do hiking in the hills of Hollywood. Hiking is believed to burn up to 370 calories per hour. It also works all the body parts like legs, knees, ankles, shoulders, arms, neck, hips. Read her full story.
Carey Mulligan Favorite Things
Source – Celebuzz.com
Carey Mulligan Facts
- Her father is from Liverpool, England while her mother is from Llandeilo in West Wales. Her great-grandfather was from Ireland but emigrated from there.
- She developed her interest in acting when she was six and watched her brother act in a school production The King and I.
- She made her professional acting debut at 19.
- She co-starred as Jenny Mellor in the coming-of-age drama film, An Education, in 2009 and this role got her nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Actress” and a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama” while she won the British Academy Film Award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role”.
- In 2012, Carey became the ambassador of Alzheimer’s Society.
- Carey’s grandmother suffers from Alzheimer and as a result, she now no longer recognizes Carey.
- Her parents moved to Germany when she was three and returned back to the UK when eight. All this happened due to her father’s job as a hotel manager.
- She made her Broadway debut in 2008 through Chekhov’s The Seagull.
- To prepare for the role of Daisy Buchanan in the 2013 movie The Great Gatsby, she studied seven biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald and love letters from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s muse, Ginevra King.
- She is good friends with Zoe Kazan.
- She learned driving when she became 23 years old.
- Alongside Bo Burnham, Alison Brie, Clancy Brown, Jennifer Coolidge, Laverne Cox, and Connie Britton, she co-starred as Cassandra “Cassie” Thomas in the 2020 American black comedy thriller film, Promising Young Woman.
- Carey won the “Best Actress” award at the 2020 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards for her role in Promising Young Woman (2020).
- In April 2021, she won the “Best Female Lead” award at the Independent Spirit Award for her role in Promising Young Woman (2020). She dedicated her win to late actress Helen McCrory.
- She is not on social media.