Marcus Oliver Johnstone Mumford
Orange County, California, USA
Near Exeter, London, UK
Marcus studied at the King’s College School in Wimbledon. He attended the 1st year of study at the University of Edinburgh but he left it to focus on his music career.
- Father – John Mumford (National leader of the Vineyard Church in UK and Ireland)
- Mother – Eleanor Mumford (National leader of the Vineyard Church in UK and Ireland)
- Siblings – James Mumford (Older Brother)
- Others – James Johnstone Weir Breen (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Barrow-Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
His band Mumford & Sons is represented by –
- Lucy Dickins, International Talent Booking, London, UK.
- Adam Voith, The Billions Corporation; Offices in USA and Australia.
- Jon Lawrence, Chalk Press Agency, London, UK.
Folk Rock, Indie Folk, Alternative Rock, and Americana
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Mandolin, Ukulele, Melodica, Percussion
- Gentlemen of the Road
- Island Records
- Glassnote Records
- Universal Music Group
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marcus Mumford has dated –
- Laura Marling – Marcus and Laura toured together around the mid-2000s. Laura is a British folk singer-songwriter and musician from Eversley, Hampshire. They dated until late 2010.
- Carey Mulligan (2011-Present) – Marcus and Carey knew each other since childhood. They attended a Christian church camp when they were around 12. Carey is a British actress from Westminster, London. They got engaged in July 2011 and by April 2012, they were married in a barn at Stream Farm in Bridgwater. The marriage was ministered by Marcus’ father. They have two children, daughter Evelyn Grace (born 2015) and another child whose name is publicly unknown (born 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scottish ancestry.
- Long plump face
- Sleepy eyes
Marcus Mumford hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being the lead singer of one of the most popular bands of the world, Mumford & Sons.
- Doing the cover Dink’s Song with Oscar Isaac for Coen brothers film Inside Llewyn Davis in 2013.
On October 2, 2009, Mumford & Sons released their first album Sigh No More under Island Records. It won the Album of the Year award at the Brit Awards.
First TV Show
In 2010, Marcus was seen in the music series, T in the Park 2010.
Marcus Mumford Favorite Things
- Sport – Football
- Author – G.K Chesterton
- Lyricist – King Charles
- Drink – Scotch
- Song From “Wilder Mind” – Tompkins Square Park
- Bands – Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, and Radiohead
- Football Club – AFC Wimbledon
Source – Telegraph, American Songwriter, Village Voice, Rolling Stone, HITC
Marcus Mumford Facts
- He formed the band Mumford & Sons during tours with Laura Marling in 2007.
- Both his parents are British.
- He was born in California but, as a family, they moved back to Wimbledon when he was just 6 months old.
- Many of the songs from Mumford & Sons have been featured as soundtracks in the famous movies like Brave, Still Mine and Wuthering Heights and TV series like One Tree Hill, The Boss and Grey’s Anatomy among others.
- In December 2012, Marcus was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list of music stars for his achievements with Mumford & Sons.
- In 2014, he was featured alongside artists like Elvis Costello, Rhiannon Giddens, Taylor Goldsmith, Jim James, Jay Bellerose, and T Bone Burnett for a collaborative album Lost on the River: The New Basement Tapes.
- Marcus’ lyrics have lots of Christian references.
- In order to motivate himself to read more, Marcus set up his own online book club.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.mumfordandsons.com.
- Follow the band on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Stefan Schäfer, Lich / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0