|Marcus Mumford Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1987|
Marcus Mumford is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer who is known as the lead singer of the band Mumford & Sons. Formed in London in 2007, the folk-rock band has released many albums, extended plays, and tracks such as The Cave and the Open Sea, Sigh No More, Delta, Love Your Ground, Wilder Mind, Babel, Johannesburg, Little Lion Man, The Cave, Winter Winds, Roll Away Your Stone, Whispers in the Dark, I Will Wait, Lover of the Light, Tompkins Square Park, Beloved, The Wolf, Just Smoke, There Will Be Time (with Baaba Maal), Blind Leading the Blind, and Beloved. The group has won several accolades including the Brit Award for “Best British Group” in 2013 and an Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement in 2014.
Marcus Oliver Johnstone Mumford
Orange County, California, United States
Near Exeter, London, England, United Kingdom
Marcus studied at the King’s College School in Wimbledon. He attended the 1st year of study at the University of Edinburgh but he left it to focus on his music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer
- Father – John Mumford (National leader of the Vineyard Church in the United Kingdom and Ireland)
- Mother – Eleanor Mumford (National leader of the Vineyard Church in the United Kingdom and Ireland)
- Siblings – James Mumford (Older Brother)
- Others – James Johnstone Weir Breen (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Barrow-Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
His band Mumford & Sons has been represented by –
- Lucy Dickins, International Talent Booking, London, England, United Kingdom
- Adam Voith, The Billions Corporation; Offices in USA and Australia
- Jon Lawrence, Chalk Press Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Folk Rock, Indie Folk, Alternative Rock, and Americana
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Mandolin, Ukulele, Melodica, Percussion
- Gentlemen of the Road
- Island Records
- Glassnote Records
- Universal Music Group
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marcus Mumford has dated –
- Laura Marling – Marcus and Laura toured together around the mid-2000s. Laura is a British folk singer-songwriter and musician from Eversley, Hampshire. They dated until late 2010.
- Carey Mulligan (2011-Present) – Marcus and Carey knew each other since childhood. They attended a Christian church camp when they were around 12. Carey is a British actor from Westminster, London. They got engaged in July 2011 and by April 2012, they were married in a barn at Stream Farm in Bridgwater. The marriage was ministered by Marcus’ father. They have 2 children – a daughter named Evelyn Grace (b. September 2015) and a son named Wilfred (b. August 2017). In January 2023, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 3rd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scottish ancestry.
- Long plump face
- Sleepy eyes
Best Known For
- Being the lead singer of one of the most popular bands in the world, Mumford & Sons
- Doing the cover of Dink’s Song with Oscar Isaac for the Coen brothers’ film Inside Llewyn Davis in 2013
On October 2, 2009, Mumford & Sons released their first album Sigh No More under Island Records. It won the Album of the Year award at the Brit Awards.
First TV Show
In 2010, Marcus was seen in the music series, T in the Park 2010.
Marcus Mumford Favorite Things
- Sport – Football
- Author – G.K Chesterton
- Lyricist – King Charles
- Drink – Scotch
- Song From “Wilder Mind” – Tompkins Square Park
- Bands – Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, and Radiohead
- Football Club – AFC Wimbledon
Marcus Mumford Facts
- He formed the band named Mumford & Sons during tours with Laura Marling in 2007.
- Both his parents are British.
- He was born in California but, as a family, they moved back to Wimbledon when he was just 6 months old.
- On September 21, 2012, Mumford & Sons released the 2nd studio album Babel and it debuted at number #1 on both the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200 chart. Also, the album was ranked #11 in Rolling Stone‘s list of the “50 Best Albums of 2012” as well as it was nominated for 4 Grammy Awards, winning “Album of the Year” at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Many of the songs from Mumford & Sons have been featured as soundtracks in famous movies like Brave, Still Mine, and Wuthering Heights and TV series like One Tree Hill, The Boss, and Grey’s Anatomy among others.
- In December 2012, Marcus was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list of music stars for his achievements with Mumford & Sons.
- In 2014, he was featured alongside artists like Elvis Costello, Rhiannon Giddens, Taylor Goldsmith, Jim James, Jay Bellerose, and T Bone Burnett for a collaborative album Lost on the River: The New Basement Tapes.
- Marcus’ lyrics have lots of Christian references.
- In order to motivate himself to read more, Marcus set up his own online book club.
- In August 2022, during an interview, Marcus revealed that he was s*xually abused at the age of 6.
Featured Image by Stefan Schäfer, Lich / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0