|Nicholas James Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1982|
Nicholas James is an American actor and model who is best known for his portrayal of the recurring role of Officer Justin Lewis in the crime drama and soap opera TV series The Haves and the Have Nots (2016–2021). He has also played single-episode cameos in TV shows such as NCIS (2011), Jane by Design (2012), The Client List (2013), Revenge (2014), and NCIS: New Orleans (2014). His film credits include Prom NIght (2008) and Fired Up! (2009). He has also acted in multiple short films.
Nicholas James Muscarella
Greenville, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nicholas had attended the Reynolds Junior-Senior High School in Mercer County, Pennsylvania. After his high school graduation, he had joined Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, a commonwealth campus of the Pennsylvania State University, a geographically dispersed university system with campuses located throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He had studied management and marketing there.
- Father – Gregory Muscarella
- Mother – Vicki Muscarella
- Siblings – Michael Muscarella (Older Brother)
- Others – David J. Muscarella (Paternal Grandfather), Emerencia ‘Mert’ Zarecky (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Curtis Sumpter, Sr. (Father-in-Law), Janice Acquista (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicholas has dated –
- Tika Sumpter (2015-Present) – Nicholas began dating American actress, singer, producer, TV host, and model Tika Sumpter in 2015. The couple got engaged on Christmas Day of 2016 and eventually tied the knot on May 14, 2022, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. They have a daughter together named Ella-Loren (b. October 8, 2016). Despite numerous press outlets reporting that James was the father, Tika had waited until Christmas Day of 2016, the day of her engagement to Nicholas, to confirm this. Nicholas has 2 step-children from Tika’s past marriage to American actor, singer, rapper, and philanthropist Hosea Chanchez.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian/Sicilian and Slovak descent on his father’s side.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Affable smile
- Has a mole under his left eye
He has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Walmart Inc. (American multinational retail corporation) (2014)
- Grupo Modelo (a large brewery in Mexico) (2016)
Nicholas James Facts
- When he left for Hollywood to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, Nicholas just had USD 200 in his pocket. To get by, he used to do bottle service (the sale of liquor by the bottle in mostly North American lounges and nightclubs) at a bar while pursuing acting opportunities.
- He was initially interested in comedic roles and studied under several renowned teachers in Los Angeles including legendary acting coach Vincent Chase. Noted actor, performance artist, and filmmaker Shia LaBeouf was among his classmates there. He had also, later, attended classes at Upright Citizen’s Brigade, a renowned improvisational and sketch comedy group.
- He had dropped his surname (Muscarella) to form his stage name because he felt that it sounded too Italian and he did not quite look Italian which used to confuse a lot of people. Muscarella, though, has still appeared as part of one of the 3 variations of his name that have been used in film and TV credits.
- He is known to often be vocal with his opinion on political issues, via Twitter.
- His hobbies/interests include extreme sports skydiving, surfing, standup paddleboarding, snorkeling, and hiking.
Featured Image by Nicholas James / Instagram