|J. August Richards Quick Info
|6 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|August 28, 1973
J. August Richards is an American actor, producer, and director who is best known for playing Michael Peterson/Deathlok in the ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Charles Gunn in The WB fantasy action drama series Angel. His other television roles include appearing as Deputy Secretary of State Nathan Mitchell in the Lifetime post-apocalyptic drama series The Lottery, Deputy Nathan Purcell in the high-concept angelic-themed fantasy comedy-drama series Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Dr. Oliver Post in the NBC drama series Council of Dads, Bradley Gregorian in the ABC crime and legal drama series Notorious, Ford in the comedy-drama series Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Victor Dashkov in the fantasy horror series Vampire Academy, Joe in the dramedy series Generation, Marcus McGrath in the legal drama series Raising the Bar, A.D.A. Billy Desmond in the NBC legal drama series Conviction, and Bryce in the MTV anthology series Undressed.
Jaime Augusto Richards III
J. August Richards, Jay
Washington, D.C., United States
J. August Richards enrolled at Suitland High School in Suitland, Maryland, and attended the school’s Visual and Performing Arts program. He graduated in 1991. Then, Richards attended the USC School of Dramatic Arts on a scholarship.
Actor, Producer, Director
J. August Richards has been signed with Jay D. Schwartz & Associates, Talent Management Company, Burbank, California, United States.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
J. August Richards has dated –
- Tangi Miller (2002-2003) – In the year 2002, he started going out with actor, model, and dancer Tangi Miller. However, their romance was short-lived and they parted ways the following year in January.
Race / Ethnicity
J. August Richards has Afro-Panamanian roots.
He publicly came out as gay in April 2020.
J. August Richards has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Hallmark Cards (1995)
- AMC Channel (1995)
J. August Richards Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Three’s Company
Source – IMDb
J. August Richards Facts
- He was raised in Bladensburg, Maryland.
- His mother did not want him to become an actor. She instead wanted him to become a lawyer or a priest.
- J. August Richards made his first theatrical film appearance as Partygoer in the 1995 drama film Higher Learning, starring Jennifer Connelly, Ice Cube, Omar Epps, Michael Rapaport, Kristy Swanson, and Laurence Fishburne. However, Richards’ role went uncredited.
- In 1997, he played Griffin (one of Kurt’s henchmen) in the comedy film Good Burger.
- J. August Richards brought to life the character of Sherman in the 1998 romantic drama film Why Do Fools Fall in Love. It is a biographical film based on R&B/Rock and roll singer Frankie Lymon.
- He was seen as Richard Street in the miniseries The Temptations in 1998.
- From 2014 to 2016, he was cast in the recurring role of Ford (husband to Abby’s brother) in the comedy-drama series Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce.
- In 2022, Richards started playing Victor Dashkov in the supernatural fantasy horror television series Vampire Academy. He co-starred in the show alongside Sisi Stringer, Daniela Nieves, Kieron Moore, André Dae Kim, Anita-Joy Uwajeh, Mia McKenna-Bruce, Jonetta Kaiser, Andrew Liner, and Rhian Blundell.
Featured Image by Karo McQueen/FanGeek.com / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0