|Clancy Brown Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1959|
Clancy Brown is an American actor, voice actor, and producer known for lending his voice to popular characters like Lex Luthor, Doctor Neo Cortex, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Mr. Krabs, and Surtur. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like The Home Depot and Netflix. Clancy has a mild social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Clarence John Brown III
Urbana, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Clancy Brown attended Northwestern University with a scholarship for a discus-thrower. However, after two seasons, he switched majors and became more active in the theater program.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Clarence J. Brown, Jr. (Former Congressman, Board member of Brown Publishing Company)
- Mother – Joyce Helen Eldridge (Conductor, Composer, and Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Beth Brown (Older Sister) (1957–1964), Roy Brown (Younger Brother), and Kate Brown (Younger Sister)
- Others – Clarence J. Brown (Paternal Grandfather) (Founder of Brown Publishing Company), Ethel McKinney (Paternal Grandmother)
Clancy Brown is represented by –
- Chuck James, Talent Agent Theatrical, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Matt Smith, Talent Agent, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Kelly Garner, Manager, Pop Arts Management, Sherman Oaks, California, United States
- Steven Neibert, Talent Agent Voice, Imperium 7 Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Tracy Mapes, Talent Agent Commercial, Imperium 7 Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm (Peak Height)
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clancy Brown has dated –
- Jeanne Johnson – Clancy has been married to producer, art, and set decorator Jeanne Johnson since 1993. They are blessed with 2 children – Rose Beth Brown (b. 1995) and James Ransom Johnson Brown (b. 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick wavy hair
- French beard
- Blue eyes
Clancy Brown has done endorsement works for the following brands –
- Honda Ridgeline truck
- The Home Depot
Best Known For
- His versatile roles both as an actor and voice actor in films such as Highlander (1986) as Kurgan, The Shawshank Redemption (1994) as Captain Byron Hadley, Starship Troopers (1997) as Career Sergeant Charles Zim, and Carnivàle series (2003–2005) as Brother Justin Crowe
- Lending his voice to many memorable characters like Lex Luthor, Doctor Neo Cortex, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Mr. Krabs, and Surtur
In 1983, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime-drama film Bad Boys as Viking Lofgren.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut in the 2001 comedy animation film, Recess: School’s Out.
First TV Show
In 1983, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy-action series The Dukes of Hazzard as Kelly.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut in the 1994 animation series, The Little Mermaid as the voice of the Octopin Leader.
Clancy Brown Favorite Things
- Author – Frank Herbert
Source – IMDb
Clancy Brown Facts
- He grew up close to Washington, D.C.
- It was in the 7th grade that he gave his first performance in the school play “The Mouse That Roared”.
- When Clancy was growing up, his neighbor, who was also in the same grade, got him hooked to William Shakespeare’s plays which ultimately, resulted in his love for acting.
- He honed his dramatic talents with performances at the Chicago Theater.
- His older sister Beth died of leukemia at a tender age.
- He is one of the beneficiaries of the Beth Brown Memorial Fund that provides financial assistance to students in the field of pediatric healthcare study. Furthermore, he has done activism work for Clarence J. Brown Scholarship and Robert Townsley Scholarship assisting talented students pursuing careers in government and public service.
- During the making of the 1985 film, The Bride, he became sick from wearing prosthetic makeup for the role of Viktor and had to be hospitalized.
- He has a huge collection of animation art.
- Clancy is an avid reader.
- He is also a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.
- In 2017, he won, the BTVA Television Voice Acting Award under the “Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series” category for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- In 2010, he was recognized as a Significant Sig by the Sigma Chi General Fraternity.
- He has also contributed his voice in many popular video games like Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Lands of Lore III, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, and Crash Nitro Kart.
- On August 20, 2002, he became the chairman of the board of their family-owned newspaper company, Brown Publishing Company. The company went out of business in 2010.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0