|Alison Brie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1982|
Alison Brie is an American actress, writer, voiceover artist, and producer who is known for her roles in shows and movies such as Trudy Campbell in Mad Men, Annie Edison in Community, Lucy Sherrington in No Stranger Than Love, Princess Unikitty in The Lego Movie, Diane Nguyen in BoJack Horseman, Ruth Wilder in GLOW, Rebecca Fuller in My Alibi, Michelle in The Rental, Lucy in How to Be Single, Elaine “Lainey” Dalton in Sleeping with Other People, Lally Weymouth in The Post, Madison McPhee in Promising Young Woman, and Beth in Save the Date.
Alison Brie Schermerhorn
Hollywood, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2005, she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in theater from California Institute of the Arts. She also attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Scotland for a short time.
Actress, Writer, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Charles Terry Schermerhorn (Musician and freelance entertainment reporter)
- Mother – Joanne (née Brenner) [Worked at Para los Niños (“For the Children”), a nonprofit child care agency, and as a teacher in community college]
- Siblings – Lauren (Older Sister) (Financial Adviser)
- Others – John/Jack C. Schermerhorn (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes McLean (Paternal Grandmother), Eugene Robert Brenner (Maternal Grandfather),
Alison Brie has been signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alison Brie has dated –
- Dave Franco (2012-Present) – In May 2012, actors Dave Franco and Alison Brie started dating each other. After years of dating, they got engaged on August 25, 2015. In March 2017, the couple got married in a private ceremony. Later, she revealed in an interview with Larry King in 2017 that she did not want to have children.
Race / Ethnicity
Brie has Scottish, Dutch, English, German, and Norwegian ancestry on her father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her mother’s side.
- Curvy, busty figure
- Unique voice
- Silky brown hair
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in a vodka commercial, Smirnoff with Adam Scott.
Best Known For
Playing Annie Edison on the NBC / Yahoo sitcom Community since 2009 and Gertrude “Trudy” Campbell on the AMC drama Mad Men from 2007 to 2014.
Alison appeared in the 2004 short film Stolen Poem for her role as Alice.
First TV Show
In 2006, Brie guest appeared in Disney Channel’s musical comedy series Hannah Montana for her role as a novice hairdresser, Nina in an episode titled “It’s My Party and I’ll Lie if I Want To.”
Alison Brie Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Six Feet Under (2001-2005), 30 Rock (2006-2013)
Source – IMDb
Alison Brie Facts
- As a child, she used to go to a “Christian-Hindu hybrid church.”
- She was raised by divorced parents.
- Alison has voiced the role of Diane Nguyen in Netflix’s animated sitcom “BoJack Horseman” in 2014.
- During her time in high school, Alison used to work for a company and her job was to work as a clown for kids’ birthdays. The clown’s name was Sunny.
- She was once approached by a stranger in a grocery store, who complimented her on her feet and offered her a “totally platonic foot massage.”
- She once sang karaoke with Emily Blunt.
- Alison used to go n*ked a lot many times while studying at CalArts.
- She is best friends with Danny Pudi, the Community co-star.
- She was also considered for the role of Sharon Carter in the 2014 movie “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” but the role was finally offered to Emily VanCamp.
- Alison does not eat pork or red meat.
- She once had s*x with a gay male friend in order to make him believe that he was gay. This was revealed by her in “Worst Laid Plans: When Bad Sex Happens to Good People.“
- She was ranked #2 in AskMen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2014.
- Alongside Colin Hanks and Justin Chatwin, she co-starred as Lucy Sherrington, a high school art teacher living in a small town, in the 2015 Canadian romantic comedy film, No Stranger Than Love. This won her the Newport Beach Film Festival Award for “Outstanding Achievement in Acting” in 2015.
- In an interview with Larry King in 2017, Alison revealed that she would like to have ‘flying’ as a superpower.
- From 2017 to 2019, she appeared as Ruth “Zoya the Destroya” Wilder in the comedy-drama television series, GLOW, and this role got her nominated for the Golden Globe Award and Satellite Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy”, Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series”, and Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series”.
- At the age of 7, Alison once fell and hit the back of her head while she was playing at school. The accident left her temporarily blind for almost 10 hours.