|Danny Pudi Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|March 10, 1979
|Bridget Showalter Pudi
Danny Pudi is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, as well as a director who is widely known for his portrayal of Abed Nadir in the TV show Community (2009–2015) that fetched him 3 nominations for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series” and 1 nomination for the TCA Award for “Individual Achievement in Comedy”. He has appeared in numerous other TV programs including Gilmore Girls (2006) where he played the role of Raj and has starred in several films such as Good Girls Get High (2018) where he played the part of Mr. D.
Daniel Mark Pudi
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He went to Notre Dame College Prep in Niles. He studied dance in Chicago and attended Marquette University in Milwaukee in Wisconsin, graduating with a degree in Communication and Theatre in 2001 and becoming the 1st winner of the Chris Farley Scholarship. After that, he performed in summer stock theatre in Wisconsin and took lessons from the improvisational comedy enterprise named The Second City in Chicago.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Abraham L. Pudi
- Mother – Teresa née Komendant (Programmer & Analyst)
- Siblings – Adam (Brother), Katherine (Sister)
He is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Viewpoint, Inc.
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Bridget Showalter Pudi – He tied the knot with Bridget Showalter on June 5, 2004. They had met while attending Marquette University in their freshman year. They welcomed fraternal twins on January 12, 2012, a son named James Timothy and a daughter named Fiona Leigh.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Indian descent on his father’s side of the family and of Polish descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Large, expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
He has appeared in advertisements for Snickers, Verizon, McDonald’s, T-Mobile, and Pokemon.
Danny Pudi Favorite Things
- Passion – Running, having run track in his high school and completed several marathons
- Believer Of – Yoga, that has helped him to be a stronger runner by making him maintain his form
- Fan Of – Sports, Marquette basketball being his greatest interest
Danny Pudi Facts
- His parents immigrated to America and became naturalized citizens.
- He grew up speaking Polish with his mother as well as grandmother and he is able to speak and sing fluently in that language.
- Before attaining stardom, Danny had worked as an actuarial recruiter.
- He has stated that he has believed it to be his job to concentrate on bringing characters to life in an honest and personal manner.
- Danny has revealed that he is quite a non-confrontational person and if he gets chicken after ordering salmon, he would eat the chicken without making a fuss.
- He has affirmed that he has perceived himself in many ways to be like a blank canvas, himself only having observed the world and the people around, letting them explode off him and to realize why they are behaving the way they are. However, every once in a while, he gets to take on a brand new character.
Featured Image by Danny Pudi / Instagram