|Melody Thomas Scott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1956|
|Spouse||Edward J. Scott|
Melody Thomas Scott is an American actress who has gained acclaim with her portrayal of Nikki Newman on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. In addition to that, she has also been cast in a variety of other on-screen roles such as Laurie Lee in The Scarlett O’Hara War, Betsy Harper in Charlie’s Angels, Laura Dickinson in Piranha, Sherry in The Rockford Files, Tonya Wellington in Castle, and Flora in The Crazy Ones.
Melody Ann Thomas
Los Angeles, California, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
She attended the University of Southern California and majored in Music.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melody Thomas Scott has dated –
- Christopher Holder
- Doug Davidson
- Michael Altman (1978-1979)
- Carlos Yeaggy (1980-1983) – She dated the late makeup artist Carlos Yeaggy from 1980 to 1983 and they were blessed with a daughter named Alexandra Danielle Yeaggy. Alexandra was later adopted by Edward Scott, Melody’s 3rd husband.
- Lindy Davis (1979)
- Bob Shield
- Edward J. Scott (1983-Present) – She married soap opera producer and the executive producer of The Young and the Restless, Edward J. Scott, in 1985 after going out for a while. Their daughter named Elizabeth Frances Marie Scott was born in December 1988. They also parent 2 other daughters, Jennifer Scott Christensen (Edward’s daughter from a previous marriage) and Alexandra Danielle Yeaggy (Melody’s daughter from her relationship with Carlos Yeaggy).
Race / Ethnicity
- Wavy hair
- High cheekbones
She appeared in a TV commercial for Inner Science (Canada) in 2002.
Melody Thomas Scott Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Jeanne Cooper
Source – IMDb
Melody Thomas Scott Facts
- She was raised under the care of her grandmother who has been a compulsive hoarder.
- She started her acting career as a child actress.
- In June 1985, Melody Thomas Scott appeared as a guest on The $25,000 Pyramid for a week.
- For her performance in The Young and the Restless, she won the 8th Telegatto Award for “Best Actress” in 1991 and the 17th Soap Opera Digest Award for “Outstanding Actress” in 2001. She was also nominated for a Soap Opera Digest Award in 1995 and a Daytime Emmy Award in 1996.
- Melody is friends with actress and singer Catherine Hickland.
- She has also revealed that she was abused as a child.
Featured Image by Frantogian / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0