|Digangana Suryavanshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Digangana Suryavanshi is an aspiring Indian actress, author, and musician who is best known for starring as Veera Kaur Sampooran Singh in Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera (2013-2015). She is also noted for her appearance in several films such as FryDay (2018), Jalebi (2018), and Rangeela Raja (2019). Digangana has worked with some of the best actors in the Bollywood industry like Govinda and Varun Mitra. Besides that, she started her career as a TV actress in the year 2002, making her first appearance as a child artist in Sony TV’s Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat. She is also a well-known author who wrote the book WAVES – The Endless Emotions (2012) and the novel Nixie the Mermaid and the Power of Love (2013). As a musician, she is skilled at the piano and has released several devotional albums such as Devi Kheer Khalo (2007) and Shardamai Ki Madhuliya (2008). Since then, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 80k followers on Twitter.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Digangana completed her schooling from St. Xavier’s Higher School, Mumbai. Later, she went on to attain a Bachelor of Arts at Mithibai College.
Actress, Author, Musician
- Father – Neeraj Suryavanshi
- Mother – Sarit Suryavanshi
- Siblings – None
Suryanshi is represented by Puri Connects.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Digangana has dated –
- Bhavya Gandhi (2018) – The star from Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Bhavya Gandhi was rumored to have been dating Digangana in 2018. The two were seen together in more than one picture taken that year. However, neither of them came forth to speak about the kind of relationship they shared with one another.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Wide smile
- Thick eyebrows
- Long eyelashes
- Beautiful long hair
Through her social media, Digangana has either promoted or endorsed several designers such as Ashley Rebello and Adhya & Aradhya.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Veera Kaur Sampooran Singh in Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera (2013-2015)
- Starring as Bindu in FryDay (2018), Anu in Jalebi (2018), and Shivranjani in Rangeela Raja (2019)
- Competing in Bigg Boss 9 in 2015
- Being awarded a Lions Gold Award for “Favourite Versatile Actress” in 2016 and a Star Parivaar Award in the category of “Favourite Beti” in 2014 for her appearance in Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera
As a Musician
Digangana released her debut album titled Devi Kheer Khalo at the age of 10. The album was released in the local language spoken in Madhya Pradesh.
Digangana made her debut theatrical film appearance as Bindu in Abhishek Dogra’s FryDay in 2018.
In the same here, she also appeared in Pushpdeep Bhardwaj movie Jalebi as the character Anu.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a child artist in Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat in 2002.
The first step to having beautiful skin for Digangana is drinking plenty of water and applying moisturizer.
When it comes to taking care of her lustrous long hair, she believes that combing her hair more than once a day helps keep it from getting knotted. Her advise towards keeping hair healthy is –
- Washing it once in every three days to avoid the build-up of dandruff
- Not applying oil to it during the day to avoid dust and pollution from sticking to it
- Going for a head massage once in every 15 days, as it works wonders for her
As for her makeup, she prefers not to apply too much of it and tries to stick to just lipstick, mascara, and a foundation base.
In an interview with E-Times, Digangana revealed that her fitness routine is developed around cardio and weight training. She works out for 40 minutes, 5 days a week. Mostly focusing on strengthening and toning abdominal and lower body muscles.
The reason behind her focus on cardio is because she believes that it can help keep away problems like heart diseases and unwanted fat buildup. As for fitness advice, she says “Increase your fitness training gradually. Don’t stress your body. The whole point of fitness is to stay active even post workout and not to knock yourself dead drop tired”.
She also has a set of dumbbells at home that uses whenever she gets the chance.
Digangana is a vegetarian and prefers not to follow a strict routine. However, she believes that eating healthy and in a timed manner is better than having to cut down on meals. She also believes in constantly keeping herself hydrated.
Her meal plan includes a full meal for breakfast, a light lunch, and soups and vegetables for dinner. She also pampers herself to one savory meal a day. However, she prefers to eat in moderation and at least 2 hours before getting into bed.
Digangana Suryavanshi Facts
- She was raised in Mumbai and is the only child born to Neeraj and Sarit Suryavanshi.
- Her passion for extreme creativity is what drove her into acting.
- She is a devoted Hindu who has used her musical skills to write hymns. She released a second album titled Shardamai Ki Madhuliya at the age of 11.
- Though she was born and brought up in India, Diganagana has the natural ability to speak in an American accent when she talks in English.
- She was a high achiever in school.
- Digangana is very good at the keyboard.
- At the age of 14, she released her first single titled I’m missing you in memory of her grandmother.
- At the age of 15, her first book was published. It was titled WAVES – The Endless Emotions. It consisted of a total of 31 lyrics. Later, in 2013, she had her second book published which was titled Nixie the Mermaid and The Power of Love. A second edition of the book was later released in 2016.
- In 2015, she competed on India’s most watched reality show Bigg Boss 9. She made it all the way to last few weeks before getting evicted on December 7 that year. After that, she decided to take a break from being in the limelight and allow herself to make a smooth shift from her teenage years to adulthood. Upon her return, she decided to quit the TV biz and start making silver screen appearances.
- She underwent minor surgery in 2016, to have a cyst removed from her upper gum.
- Not many of her fans know this but, Digangana’s house that she bought in January 2017 has a walk-in wardrobe. Her bedroom is also themed completely pink.
- As of 2018, Digangana enjoyed collecting dolls, teddies, sunglasses, and perfumes.
- In 2019, she was cast in the Telugu film Hippi alongside actor Kartikeya Gummakonda.
- She is known for not having used any kind of substances to create tears during shots.
- If she were to get rid of a habit of hers, it would be dwelling on things that happened in the past.
- In the past, she was considered to be the Goldilocks of Indian television, as her hair dangled right down to her knees. However, after her appearance in Bigg Boss 9, she got her hair cut approximately 19 inches.
- Whenever she gets the chance, she enjoys dancing especially in front of the big mirror that she has at her house.
- She is very fond of the color pink.
- Connect with Digangana on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Digangana Suryavanshi / Instagram