|Russell Hantz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1972|
Russell Hantz is an American oilfield service company owner and TV personality who is best known for his appearances in several editions of the adventure-based competitive reality TV show Survivor. He had finished as the runner-up in the 19th season of the show titled Survivor: Samoa (2009), and the 2nd runner-up in the 20th season of the show titled Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (2010). He had also competed in Survivor: Redemption Island (22nd season, 2011) and Australian Survivor: Champions vs. Contenders (2018), the 5th season of the Australian edition of the show, but was eliminated early on both occasions. A polarizing figure among fans who have begun to increasingly accept his aggressive strategies, he was voted by viewers as the 2nd-greatest player in the history of the series in the official issue of CBS Watch magazine that was commemorating the 15th anniversary of Survivor. With his father and brothers, he is part-owner of a Texas-based oil company called Hantz Tankering Service.
Dayton, Liberty County, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Oilfield Service Company Owner, TV Personality
- Siblings – Shawn Hantz (Brother), William ‘Willie’ Hantz (Younger Brother)
- Others – Brandon Hantz (Nephew) (Reality TV Personality)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell has dated –
- Melanie Hantz – Through his past marriage with Melanie, Russell has 4 children – a son and 3 daughters including a pair of twins. They got divorced in 2014.
- Taylor King (2017-2018)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Has both his arms covered in tattoos
Russell Hantz Facts
- Although the initial impression of Russell, among fans of the show, was quite polarising, he is widely regarded as one the most influential contestants in the history of the Survivor franchise. In both Survivor: Samoa and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, he was voted as the ‘Sprint Player of the Season’ which came with a USD 100k prize.
- He was one of the first 5 contestants who were inducted into the ‘Survivor Hall of Fame’ in 2010.
- As of January 2021, was one of just 8 contestants to have made it to the finals in more than one season of the show. He was also among just the 2 contestants in Survivor history, along with Amanda Kimmell, to have made to the finals twice without winning the title.
- In 2012, he and his brother Shawn were featured in a reality documentary series titled Flipped Off which focused on house flipping, a term commonly used in the US to describe the act of purchasing a house and quickly re-selling it for a profit. The series followed the brothers who worked with a local real estate agent to flip houses in the Houston area, in the aftermath of the subprime mortgage crisis.
- He owns a bar named Bootleggers in Lafayette, Louisiana. In April 2010, he was arrested on charges of battery when he had caused minor injuries to a woman whom he had allegedly shoved to the ground after getting into an argument with her while he was partying near that bar.
Featured Image by Russell Hantz / Instagram