|Kiko Mizuhara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kiko Mizuhara is an American-Japanese model, actress, singer, and designer who has gained acclaim by having worked with fashion giants like Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Anna Dello Russo, Diesel, Phillip Lim, Vivienne Tam, Reebok, Tiffany & Co., Dior, and several others. In addition to that, she has also branched out as an actress and has been a part of shows and movies including Trick The Movie: Last Stage, Norwegian Wood, Attack on Titan: End of the World, Queer Eye: We’re in Japan!, The Blue Hearts, Malu, Shitsuren Chocolatier, and Kokoro ga Pokitto ne.
Audrie Kiko Daniel
Kiko, Kiko Mizuhara, Noriko Daniel
Dallas, Texas, United States
Model, Actress, Designer, Singer
- Father – Todd Daniel
- Mother – Yae Toyama (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Ashley Yuka Daniel (Younger Sister) (Model)
- Others – Jerry Seburn Daniel (Paternal Grandfather), Suzanne Mason (Paternal Grandmother)
Kiko is signed with these –
- Mimi Ye (Manager)
- Asia Cross Inc, Tokyo, Japan (Agency)
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kiko has dated –
- G-Dragon / Kwon Ji-Yong (2010–2014) – Better known as rapper G-Dragon among his fans, Kiko had to face a lot of hate from young, female teenage fans of the rapper when rumors were rife that the two were possibly dating since they were frequently spotted together. During an interview in 2016, G-Dragon refused to confirm break up rumors with Kiko Mizuhara. He explained that to acknowledge the break-up would also imply that he had a relationship with Kiko which is some information that he does not wish to share with the public. Meanwhile, about the same time, fans sensed that Kiko mysteriously conveyed that she has moved on from G-Dragon by posting a clip of the song Survivor by Destiny’s Child (2001) on her official Instagram page.
- Nomura Shuhei (2015–2018) – Kiko first met actor Nomura Shuhei during a photoshoot for Numero Tokyo magazine in 2015. The paparazzi clicked pictures of the couple having a quiet dinner at a high-end Sushi restaurant after which, while holding hands, Kiko led Nomura to a bar where she had arranged a surprise birthday party for him in November 2016. Since Nomura was also brought up in Kobe like Kiko, the two probably shared a lot of cultural values in common. Nomura is also part Chinese and Kiko has frequently shown interest in advancing professionally in that country. It seems with time, the relationship fizzled out.
- Harry Styles (2019-Present) – In early 2019, the rumors of English singer Harry Styles and Kiko dating, started making the rounds on the internet.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has an American father (who has English and possibly Scottish and German ancestry), while Kiko’s mother is Zainichi Korean. She was based in Nagasaki, Japan before she moved to the United States temporarily and married Kiko’s father.
- A petite, slender physical frame (Coveted Size Zero figure)
- Long, slender face
- Flawless, clear skin
29.5-23.6-33.5 in or 75-60-85 cm
0 (US) or 4 (UK) or 32 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU) or 23.5 (Japan)
As a model, the following are some of the brands Kiko has worked for:
- Vivienne Tam MY Garden Campaign (2012)
- Chanel Fall/Winter (2012), Spring/Summer (2013)
- Olympia Le-Tan (2013)
- Philip Lim Fall/Winter (2013)
- Diesel Reboot Campaign Fall/Winter (2013)
- Diesel Pre-Fall (June 2014), Spring/Summer (2016)
- Adidas Originals Fall/Winter (2016)
- Marc Jacobs Spring 2017 Eyewear
- Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2018 (September 2017)
- Krizia Spring/Summer 2018 (September 2017)
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed but she enjoys celebrating Christmas and Halloween.
Best Known For
- Her edgy sense of style
- Second lead as Kozue Yoshikawa in the psychological horror, Helter Skelter (2012)
- Playing the lead role of Mikasa Ackerman in the film Attack on Titan (2015)
As a Singer
She collaborated with Japanese Korean DJ Towa Tei in a digital single called The Burning Plain (2011).
A Japanese romantic drama based on Haruki Murakami’s novel called Norwegian Wood (2010) in which she played the role of Midori.
First TV Show
One episode appearance in the 50-episode TV series Yae No Sakura in 2013.
- As long as Kiko was merely modeling, she did not exercise at all, as she is naturally lean. She claims she has to be careful about eating enough as she loses weight very quickly and easily.
- Since late 2014, fitness in terms of strength became a major priority for Kiko to become a convincing part of all the action movies she signs up for. Particularly for Attack on Titan Part 1 & 2 (2015), she underwent two months of intense physical training that focused on core strength, balance, and stability.
- Kiko adds that although her abs are not developed enough to look shredded yet, she hopes to attain that appearance one day.
Kiko Mizuhara Favorite Things
- Hang out Spot in Tokyo – Shinjuku Ni-chōme – gay town, The Komazawa Olympic Park
- Shopping Venue – Harajuku, Shibuya, and Aoyama (in Tokyo)
- Website – Style.com, Tumblr
- Social Media App – Instagram
- Ramen-type – Soy-sauce based, Osaka style ramen
- Venue for Ramen Noodles – Kamukura in Shibuya
- Guilty Pleasure – Late night hanging out with friends
- Karaoke song – Plastic Love by Mariya Takeuchi, L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
- American TV Show – S*x and the City
- American TV Characters – Charlotte and Miranda in S*x and the City
- Passion – Buying and designing clothes
- Hollywood Movie Character – Angelina Jolie in Gia
- About Being an Actress – She feels happy when her audience gets emotional watching her character in any of her movies.
- Films – Bound by The Wachowskis, Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki, Bridget Jones’ Diary by Sharon McGuire, Kids by Larry Clark, Fallen Angels by Wong Kar Wai
- About Japan –
- Lots of geeks
- Good food everywhere
- Hot Spring Onsens
- Fashion Inspiration – Kids, Street style
- Actress – Chloë Sevigny
- Clothing Item – High waist pants
- Make-up Item – Red Lipstick
- Korean Dishes – Grilled intestines (Gopchang), Oxtail soup (Seolleongtang).
Kiko Mizuhara Facts
- Kiko’s parents relocated to Japan when she was 2 years old.
- Growing up in Hyogo, Kobe, Japan Kiko felt embarrassed by her bi-racial ethnicity. She avoided speaking English for a long time to fit in among her school friends and asked her father not to visit her at school because he was blonde, blue-eyed, and nearly 6’3” tall. He looked very different from the parents of her schoolmates.
- Her nickname Kiko is inspired by the name of Princess Akishino who is also known as Princess Kiko but the last alphabet of Kiko’s name is spelled differently in Japanese as per a fortune teller’s advice.
- Kiko started modeling at the age of 12 when her mother entered her in an audition for Seventeen magazine. She won the title of Miss Seventeen and along with it, a 3-year contract with the magazine.
- Even though Kiko won a 3-year contract, she says that she was not first in the contest. Her name caught fame very gradually that allowed her to finish her schooling without any interruption.
- As a child, Kiko was first influenced by fashion upon seeing several high-heeled, stylish women visit her mother for English language lessons.
- Her parents got divorced when she was 13.
- She speaks Japanese, English, and Korean.
- Kiko Mizuhara is a stage name given to her by her mother to carve a professional identity, separate from her personal life.
- Once embarrassed of her parent’s lineage, she finally embraced her unique identity when she moved to Tokyo at the age of 16 to pursue modeling full time where she realized being original is a strength.
- She loves to dress up as famous celebrities (such as Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, and Madonna) for her birthday and Halloween every year.
- No matter what country or big city Kiko visits, she looks for a gay club to hang out at first and foremost because she feels the safest at those places. She adds that gay clubs are also the best places to avoid attention.
- Kiko would have pursued a career as a dancer, had she not been a model and actress.
- Her residence in Tokyo is furnished only with vintage furniture and she fills her room with colorful candles and cushions.
- She was officially credited as a designer when she collaborated with a Japanese store, Opening Ceremony in 2013.
- She was honored as the “Model of the Year” at the 54th Fashion Editors Club of Japan Awards.
- Her first Fall/Winter collection as a designer was called, Bad Girl of the 90s (2013). It showcased the famous pizza outfit worn by Beyoncé and another outfit that was worn by Rihanna.
- Kiko would love to become a professional singer but she confesses she is not very good at it. One of her dreams on her wish list is to participate in the Fuji Rock festival.
- While shooting for her debut movie role in Norwegian Wood (2010), Kiko confessed that she was constantly crying and depressed throughout the period as the director was very hard on her.
- She has been featured in several magazines and editorials like Nylon, Numero, Seventeen, Grazia, GQ, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, L’Officiel, V Magazine, Another Magazine, Dazed and Confused, Cosmopolitan, and Jalouse Magazine.
- She has two tattoos on her body – a daisy on the left side of her midriff and a small heart behind her left ear.
- She has co-starred in the Japanese remake of the American legal and political drama television series, The Good Wife.
- Kiko is a cat person and owns two pet cats named, Ciccio and Bubu.
- She first got a bob haircut to impress her then-boyfriend who had a crush on a leading movie actress with the same hairstyle. Even though she is no longer dating that guy, Kiko’s fans consider shoulder-length bob as her signature style.
- She is very fond of riding a kickboard also known as a micro-scooter in Western countries.
- She was named the “Asian Fashion Icon of the Year” at the 2014 SOHU Fashion Awards.
- To know more about the actress, visit her international fansite @ teammizuhara.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Iam jmdm / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0