|Kiko, Princess Akishino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1966|
Kiko, Princess Akishino is the wife of Fumihito, Crown Prince Akishino and has been given titles like Her Imperial Highness The Crown Princess of Japan, Her Imperial Highness The Princess Akishino, and Miss Kawashima Kiko.
Kiko, Princess Akishino, Princess Kiko, The Apartment Princess
Shizuoka Saiseikai General Hospital, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Akasaka Estate, Motoakasaka, Minato, Tokyo
Princess Kiko received elementary and high school education in Vienna, Austria. After that, she received a Bachelor of Letters degree in Psychology from the Department of Psychology in the Faculty of Letters of Gakushuin University in 1989 and then earned a Master of Humanities degree in Social Psychology from the Graduate School of Gakushuin University in 1995.
She has also received a Ph.D. degree in Humanities from Ochanomizu University.
Member of the Japanese Imperial Family
- Father – Tatsuhiko Kawashima (Professor of Economics at Gakushuin University)
- Mother – Kazuyo Sugimoto
- Sibling – She has a brother.
- Others – Emperor Emeritus Akihito (Father-In-Law) (Reigned as the 125th Emperor of Japan), Empress Emerita Michiko (Mother-In-Law) (Empress Consort of Japan from January 7, 1989, to April 30, 2019), Naruhito, Emperor of Japan (Brother-In-Law) (126th Emperor of Japan), Empress Masako (Sister-In-Law), Aiko, Princess Toshi (Niece), Sayako Kuroda (Sister-In-law) (An imperial Shinto priestess of the Ise Grand Shrine who has served as the Supreme Priestess), Yoshiki Kuroda (Brother-In-Law) (Urban Designer with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
Princess Kiko is represented by the Imperial Household Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Kiko has dated –
- Prince Fumihito (1990-Present) – On June 29, 1990, she got married to Fumihito, Prince Akishino at an exclusive shrine at the Tokyo Imperial Palace and the duo parents 3 children, namely, Princess Mako (b. October 23, 1991), Princess Kako (b. December 29, 1994), and Prince Hisahito (b. September 6, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Princess Kiko is of Japanese descent.
- Lean Physique
- Charming smile
- Pierced ears
Kiko, Princess Akishino Facts
- She was nicknamed “the apartment princess” by the media because she became the first woman from a middle-class background to marry into the Japanese imperial family.
- She has received several honors including Grand Cordon (Paulownia) of the Order of the Precious Crown, Dame of the Decoration of the Red Cross, Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic, Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar Star, and Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown.
- Apart from her mother tongue, she is well-versed in English and German. Also, she has learned the Japanese sign language and is a skilled sign language interpreter.
- She has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome osteoporosis.
Featured Image by Presidencia de la República Mexicana / Flickr / CC BY 2.0