|Prince Hisahito of Akishino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 2006|
Prince Hisahito of Akishino is the 3rd child and the only son of Prince Fumihito and Princess Kiko as well as the 2nd in line to become emperor of Japan after his father.
Prince Hisahito of Akishino
Aiiku Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Akasaka Estate, Motoakasaka, Minato, Tokyo
Prince Hisahito of Akishino started kindergarten at a school affiliated with Ochanomizu University in Tokyo in 2010. Later, he attended Ochanomizu University Elementary School and Ochanomizu University Junior High School.
Also, he became the first member of the Imperial House of Japan to not receive his education at Gakushūin Primary School.
Member of the Japanese Imperial Family
- Father – Fumihito, Crown Prince Akishino
- Mother – Kiko, Princess Akishino
- Siblings – Princess Mako of Akishino (Older Sister), Princess Kako of Akishino (Older Sister)
- Others – Emperor Emeritus Akihito (Paternal Grandfather) (Reigned as the 125th Emperor of Japan), Empress Emerita Michiko (Paternal Grandmother) (Empress Consort of Japan from January 7, 1989, to April 30, 2019), Tatsuhiko Kawashima (Maternal Grandfather) (Professor of Economics at Gakushuin University), Kazuyo Sugimoto (Maternal Grandmother), Naruhito, Emperor of Japan (Uncle) (126th Emperor of Japan), Empress Masako (Aunt), Aiko, Princess Toshi (Cousin), Sayako Kuroda (Aunt) (An imperial Shinto priestess of the Ise Grand Shrine who has served as the Supreme Priestess), Yoshiki Kuroda (Uncle) (Urban Designer with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
He is represented by the Imperial Household Agency.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Prince Hisahito of Akishino is of Japanese descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Lean body
Prince Hisahito of Akishino Facts
- According to the Imperial Household Agency, his name ‘Hisahito’ means “serene and virtuous”.
- The emblem used to represent Prince Hisahito’s belongings on the Akishino family crest is the Japanese umbrella-pine tree (kōyamaki).
- Since the year 1965, he was the first male child born to the Imperial House of Japan after his father.
- His title has been styled as His Imperial Highness Prince Hisahito of Akishino.
- It has been reported by the police that there was an assassination attempt on the prince while he was studying in Ochanomizu University Junior High School.
Featured Image by 外務省ホームページ / mofa.go.jp / CC BY 4.0