|Fumihito, Prince Akishino Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1965|
Fumihito, Prince Akishino is recognized as a member of the Japanese imperial family and the heir presumptive to the Chrysanthemum Throne, the throne of the Emperor of Japan.
Prince Akishino, Prince Aya (礼宮 Aya-no-miya)
Imperial Household Agency Hospital, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo, Japan
Akasaka Estate, Motoakasaka, Minato, Tokyo
Prince Fumihito studied at the primary and secondary schools of the Gakushūin. Later, he got enrolled at the Law Department of Gakushuin University and studied law and biological science. After receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, he studied the taxonomy of fish at St John’s College, Oxford.
In October 1996, he received a Ph.D. degree in ornithology from the Graduate University for Advanced Studies.
Member of the Japanese Imperial Family
- Father – Emperor Emeritus Akihito (Reigned as the 125th Emperor of Japan)
- Mother – Empress Emerita Michiko (Empress Consort of Japan from January 7, 1989, to April 30, 2019)
- Siblings – Naruhito, Emperor of Japan (Older Brother) (126th Emperor of Japan), Sayako Kuroda (Younger Sister) (An imperial Shinto priestess of the Ise Grand Shrine who has served as the Supreme Priestess)
- Others – Tatsuhiko Kawashima (Father-In-Law), Kazuyo Sugimoto (Mother-In-Law), Empress Masako (Sister-In-Law), Aiko, Princess Toshi (Niece), Yoshiki Kuroda (Brother-In-Law) (Urban Designer with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
He is represented by the Imperial Household Agency.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prince Fumihito has dated –
- Kiko Kawashima (1990-Present) – He married Kiko Kawashima on June 29, 1990, and the duo parents 3 children – Princess Mako (b. October 23, 1991), Princess Kako (b. December 29, 1994), and Prince Hisahito (b. September 6, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Prince Fumihito is of Japanese descent.
- Middle-parted hairstyle
- Deep-set eyes
- Sports a mustache
Fumihito, Prince Akishino Facts
- He has been an avid tennis player and has played the sport during his primary and secondary school years. Also, Prince Akishino was ranked among the top 10 doubles tennis players in the Kantō region.
- The COVID-19 pandemic hindered the public proclamation of Prince Akishino as the crown prince which was supposed to take place on April 19, 2020, and his accession as the crown prince took place privately.
- He is a huge fan of the Beatles.
- He has held titles such as His Imperial Highness The Prince Aya, His Imperial Highness The Prince Akishino, and His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince of Japan.
- Prince Akishino has also received honors like Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic, Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, and Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar Star.
Featured Image by Presidencia de la República Mexicana / Flickr / CC BY 2.0