|Jinyoung (Park Jin-young) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jinyoung is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, and choreographer who is best known for being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment. He has appeared in many Korean TV shows such as When a Man Falls in Love, This is My Love, and Legend of the Blue Sea. He has a strong social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram.
Jinhae-gu, Changwon, South Korea
Jinyoung went to Yongwon Elementary School, Angolpo Middle School, and Kyunggi High School. He later attended Howon University.
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
Jinyoung is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-pop, Hip Hop, Trap, R&B
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’.
Jinyoung has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Black Yak Walk Fit shoes
- Nàtuur POP
- SMART School Uniform
- NBA Korea & China
- Bausch & Lomb Thailand
- CGV Youth Brand Festival
- Est Cola
- G+ Star Zone Season 7
- Tao Kae Noi
- Aida Sekkei
- FWD Thailand
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment
Jinyoung released his debut album Identify with his band, GOT7, in 2014. The album was well received and peaked at number 1 on the Korean music chart and on number 6 on the Billboard charts.
Jinyoung made his theatrical film debut in the film A Stray Goat as Jo Min-sik in 2017.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Jung Ui-bong on the drama series Dream High 2 in 2012.
Jinyoung Favorite Things
- Food – Hamburger, Pizza, All kinds of Meat
- Artists – Justin Timberlake, Usher, Michael Buble
- Color – White
- Movie Genre – Romance, Comedy, Horror
- Music Genre – R&B, Soul, Jazz
- TV Drama – Iris
- He wanted to become a pre-school teacher when he was younger.
- He was a bright kid at school and was class president in middle school.
- Jinyoung auditioned for JYP Entertainment in 2009 along with his GOT7 fellow member JB, both standing first.
- In May 2012, his agency formed a duo band called ‘JJ Project’ consisting of him and JB and they made their debut with the single album Bounce.
- On January 16, 2014, Jinyoung made his official debut as a part of the 7-member boy band Got7.
- He took up the stage name of Junior in May 2015 but changed it to Jinyoung on August 16, 2016, and broke the news through a post via his Twitter account. The reason behind this change was that his parents wanted his real name as his stage name as well.
- He was given the name Junior because he shares the same real name as JYP Entertainment‘s founder and CEO Park Jin-young.
- He used to watch his favorite TV series Iris in class when he was in high school.
- Apart from Korean, he is fluent in Japanese and can also speak good English.
- In his free time, he indulges in watching movies, watching theater plays, taking walks, playing the piano, and reads books to improve his vocabulary and communication skills.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by IneffableLight / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0