|Rockmond Dunbar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1973|
Rockmond Dunbar is an American actor, voiceover artist, director, producer, and writer who has gained popularity with his on-screen roles including Sheriff Eli Roosevelt in Sons of Anarchy, Benjamin Miles “C-Note” Franklin in Prison Break, Baines in Earth 2, Kenny Chadway in Soul Food, FBI Agent Dennis Abbott in The Mentalist, Detective Abe Gaines in The Path, Michael Grant in 9-1-1, and Tim in All About You.
Berkeley, California, United States
Rockmond Dunbar studied at Oakland Technical High School before graduating from Morehouse College. Later, he attended the College of Santa Fe and the University of New Mexico.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Director, Producer, Writer
Rockmond Dunbar is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates L.A., Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rockmond Dunbar has dated –
- Ivy Holmes (2003-2006) – He was married to Ivy Holmes from 2003 to 2006.
- Machiko Harris (2006-2012)
- Maya Gilbert (2012-Present) – On December 30, 2012, Rockmond Dunbar got engaged to actress and writer Maya Gilbert in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The duo parents 4 children including daughter Berkeley Seon (b. December 2013) and son Czar Rockmond (b. January 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Rockmond Dunbar is of African American (including Yoruba Nigerian) descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a beard
Rockmond Dunbar Facts
- He was given the name ‘Omobowale’, meaning “our son has come home”, when he visited Nigeria.
- Alongside Darrin Dewitt Henson, Boris Kodjoe, Aaron Meeks, Nicole Ari Parker, Malinda Williams, and Vanessa Estelle Williams, Rockmond Dunbar co-starred in the family drama television series, Soul Food, playing the role of Kenny Chadway from 2000 to 2004.
- He posed for Playgirl magazine’s November 2003 issue.
- His voiceover credits including providing vocals to the character of Benjamin Miles ‘C-Note’ Franklin in the Prison Break: The Conspiracy video game.
- Between 2011 and 2013, he brought to life the character of Sheriff Eli Roosevelt in the action crime drama television series, Sons of Anarchy, and this role won him the 2013 NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series”.
- TV Guide once named Rockmond Dunbar one of “Television’s 50 S*xiest Stars of All Time”.
- In 2018, he started appearing as Michael Grant, Athena’s ex-husband, in the procedural television series, 9-1-1.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Michael was refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Due to this, he had to leave Fox’s hit drama series, 9-1-1. In February 2022, it was revealed that Michael had filed a lawsuit against Disney over his abrupt exit from the show.
Featured Image by Rockmond Dunbar / Instagram