|Stephanie J. Block Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1972|
Stephanie J. Block is an American actress and singer who is best known for her work on Broadway. Block is the first person who portrayed the role of Elphaba Thropp in the production of Wicked in 2005, during the show’s first national U.S. tour. Besides that, she has also been nominated for 4 Tony Awards of which she won the 2019 Tony Award for “Best Actress in a Musical.”
Stephanie Janette Block
Steph, J. Block
Brea, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She studied at St. Angela Merici Parish School in Brea.
Later, she joined the Rosary High School in Fullerton and completed her schooling from the Orange County High School of the Arts.
- Father – Steven Block (Welfare Fraud Investigator)
- Mother – Rosemarie Garritano
- Siblings – Renée Block (Sister)
Stephanie is represented by Stewart Talent and Viking Entertainment Group.
She has released her music with PS Classics Records.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stephanie’s name has been linked with –
- Sebastian Arcelus (2007-Present) – The couple married one another on October 16, 2007, and later had their first child, a girl named Vivienne Heléna Arcelus (b. January 23, 2014). Block was 42 years old at the time of Vivienne’s birth.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, Frisian, French-Canadian, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on her father’s side and half-Italian as well as half-Polish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- Wide smile
- Most of the roles that she plays are based on the character of a strong and independent persona
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Zitomer.
Stephanie J. Block Favorite Things
- Musical Of All-Time – Funny Girl
- Moment From The Pirate Queen – When she sang the track “Woman”
Source – IMDb
Stephanie J. Block Facts
- She was brought up as a Catholic in Brea alongside her sister.
- Her mother worked at a local school district.
- Stephanie added the letter “J” to her name as there was a preacher who also went by the same name.
- She once stated in an interview that acting was fulfilling, however, singing is the thing that defines her.
- As a small actress, she is prominently known for her portrayal in the shows Madam Secretary (2014), Orange Is the New Black (2013), and Homeland (2011)
- She released her debut solo album titled This Place I Know in 2009. It consisted of 13 songs in all that included the tracks Something Beautiful (feat. Stephen Flaherty), One Day (feat. Andrew Lippa), I Will Always Love You (feat. Dolly Parton), Gotta Start Small (feat. Deborah Abramson), The Hardest Part of Love (feat. Steve Marzullo), and Invention (feat. Paul Loesel).
- Until early 2020, Stephanie had been nominated for 4 Tony Awards out of which she won 1 of them and 7 Drama Desk Awards of which she won 1. Both of these prestigious awards were won by her in 2019 for her work in musical, The Cher Show.
Featured Image By Stephanie J. Block / Instagram