|Henry Silva Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1926|
|Date of Death||September 14, 2022|
Henry Silva was an American actor who gained acclaim as a character actor. His film credits include Crowded Paradise, The Tall T, A Hatful of Rain, Ride a Crooked Trail, The Law and Jake Wade, The Bravados, Cinderfella, The Jayhawkers!, Green Mansions, Viva Zapata!, The Manchurian Candidate, A Gathering of Eagles, Sergeants 3, The Secret Invasion, Ocean’s 11, Johnny Cool, The Return of Mr. Moto, The Hills Run Red, The Reward, Assassination, Never a Dull Moment, Manhunt, The Plainsman, Zinksärge für die Goldjungen, Frame Up, Matchless, The Italian Connection, Probabilità zero, Man and Boy, Il Boss, L’insolent, Cry of a Prostitute, Les Hommes, Kidnap, Almost Human, White Fang to the Rescue, Manhunt in the City, Contract on Cherry Street, Free Hand for a Tough Cop, Crimebusters, Napoli spara!, Love and Bullets, Day of the Assassin, Man Hunt, The End of Violence, Sharky’s Machine, Alligator, Wrong Is Right, Escape from the Bronx, Le Marginal, Cannonball Run II, Chained Heat, Trapped, Megaforce, Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold, Amazon Women on the Moon, Lust in the Dust, Code of Silence, Cyborg – Il guerriero d’acciaio, The Harvest, Above the Law, Bulletproof, Dick Tracy, Mad Dog Time, The Silence of the Hams, Drifting School, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, Fatal Choice, The Prince, Ocean’s Eleven, and Je vous salue, mafia!.
He was born on September 23, 1926.
On September 14, 2022, Henry Silva died at the age of 95 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Brooklyn, New York City, New Yor, United States
Henry Silva attended Actors Studio located on West 44th Street in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.
- Father – Jesus Silva and
- Mother – Angelina Martinez
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he had a net worth of $5 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Henry Silva dated –
- Mary Ramus (1949-1955) – He married Mary Ramus in the year 1949 but the duo eventually divorced in 1955.
- Cindy Conroy (1959) – He married his 2nd wife Cindy Conroy on March 16, 1959, but the marriage ended in divorce the very same year.
- Ruth Earl (1966-1987) – On September 4, 1966, Henry Silva tied the knot with Ruth Earl and they were blessed with 2 sons – Michael Henry Silva (b. September 3, 1969) and Scott Stevens Silva (b, July 14, 1976). Henry and Ruth got divorced in November 1987.
- Wendy Christenfeld (1990-2022) – His 4th and last marriage was with Wendy Christenfeld and they remained together until his death in 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Henry Silva was of Puerto Rican/Spanish and possibly Italian-Sicilian descent.
Salt and Pepper
Was frequently cast as a villain
Henry Silva was cast in a TV commercial for Midas Muffler (with Lee Van Cleef) in 1981.
Henry Silva Facts
- He was quite young when his father abandoned the family and Henry was raised in Spanish Harlem by his mother.
- When he was 13 years old, Henry Silva left school and started attending drama classes. He supported himself by working as a dishwasher and waiter at a Manhattan hotel.
- In 1952, he made his theatrical film debut by playing the role of Hernández (the peasant who challenges “President” Zapata) in the Western film Viva Zapata!. However, his role went uncredited.
- Alongside Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford, Angie Dickinson, Richard Conte, Cesar Romero, Patrice Wymore, Joey Bishop, and Akim Tamiroff, Henry Silva co-starred as Roger Corneal in the heist film Ocean’s 11 in 1960.
- He was fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish.
- Along with Forest Whitaker, Cliff Gorman, Isaach De Bankolé, Tricia Vessey, and Victor Argo, Silva co-starred as Ray Vargo in the 1999 crime drama film Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.
Featured Image by Andrea Bianchi (director) / Carlo Carlini (cinematographer) / Italian movie ‘Quelli che contano’ (1974) / Public Domain