|Cybill Shepherd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1950|
Cybill Shepherd is an American actress who rose to fame following the box office success of her film The Last Picture Show (1971) where she acted alongside Jeff Bridges and Timothy Bottoms. It was a critical success and earned her numerous Academy Awards and nominations. Aside from her outstanding portrayal of her character as Jacy in the film, she is also known for portraying major characters in Heartbreak Kid (1972), Taxi Driver (1976), Moonlighting (1985), Cybill (1995), The L Word (2007) Psych (2008), and The Client List (2010).
Cybill Lynne Shepherd
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
She went to East High School.
- Father – William Jennings Shepherd (Managed Home Appliance Business)
- Mother – Patty (née Shobe) (Homemaker)
- Others – William Jennings Shepherd (Paternal Grandfather), Ethel M. Phillips (Paternal Grandmother), Norwell “Cy” Shobe (Maternal Grandmother), Elsie Gladys “Tommy” Toler (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates LA, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cybill Shepherd had dated –
- Ryan O’Neal (1973)
- Elvis Presley (1974)
- David Ford (1978-1982) – Cybill Shepherd started dating auto parts dealer and nightclub entertainer David Ford in 1978. After she got pregnant with their daughter Clementine (b.1979), the former beaus also decided to tie the knot that same year. Following 2 years of marriage, the couple divorced in 1982.
- Don Johnson (1985)
- Bruce Oppenheim (1987-1990) – She met chiropractor Bruce Oppenheim and became pregnant in 1987 which led to marriage. Cybill gave birth to twins Cyrus Zachariah and Molly Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim during the 4th season of Moonlighting. The couple had called it quits in 1990.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and some Scottish ancestry.
She had done endorsement works for brands and companies such as –
- National Airlines
- Cover Girl Makeup
- Easy Spirit
- Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer
She described herself as “a goddess-worshipping Christian pagan Buddhist”, also better known as a matriarchal religion. In October 2014, Shepherd revealed that she has returned to her Christian faith.
Cybill Shepherd Facts
- At the age of 16, she won the “Miss Teenage Memphis” and represented the city at the 1966 Miss Teenage America pageant where she won the congeniality award. At the age of 18, she went on to compete at the 1968 Model of the Year pageant, which opened a way for her to become a fashion star of the 1960s, leaving her with fashion model works through and after her high school years.
- Her film Daisy Miller in 1974 turned out to be a box-office failure. In that same year, Shepherd landed a career in singing and debuted her studio album called Cybill Does It…To Cole Porter.
- Her role as Maddie Hayes on ABC’S Moonlighting (1985-1989) earned her 2 Golden Globe awards. From the characters she played both on the big and small screens, her portrayal as Maddie Hayes ultimately defined her career as an actress.
- In 2000, her best-selling autobiography titled Cybill Disobedience: How I Survived Beauty Pageants, Elvis, Sex, Bruce Willis, Lies, Marriage, Motherhood, Hollywood, and the Irrepressible Urge to Say What I Think was published in collaboration with Aimee Lee Ball.
- She has been an outspoken activist of issues such as gay rights and abortion rights. In 2009, she was honored by the Human Rights Campaign in Atlanta to accept one National Ally for Equality award. Shepherd has also been an advocate for same-sex marriage.
Featured Image by che / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-2.5