|SoKo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1985|
SoKo is a French singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, actor, voice actor, and director. Her discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks such as I Thought I Was an Alien, Feel Feelings, My Dreams Dictate My Reality, Not Sokute, We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow, I’ll Kill Her, Looking For Love, First Love Never Die, Love Letter, Who Wears the Pants??, Ocean of Tears, Are You a Magician?, Sweet Sound of Ignorance, Diabolo Menthe, Being Sad Is Not a Crime, Blasphémie, and Oh, To Be a Rainbow!. In addition to that, she has also been cast in many shows and movies including Augustine, A Good Man, The Stopover, The Dancer, Hi How Are You Daniel Johnston, I Still Chose to Stay, Always Worthy, First Kiss, Friends from France, Her, Fat Bottomed Girls Rule the World, Bye Bye Blondie, Artbound, In the Beginning, Mourir auprès de toi, Ma vie n’est pas une comédie romantique, Louis Page, Girlfriends, Madame Irma, Commissaire Valence, Clara cet été là, Ben et Thomas, and Poésie del amor.
Stéphanie Alexandra Mina Sokolinski
Los Angeles, California, United States
She studied at different schools.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Dancer, Voice Actor, Director
She has been managed by Agence Artistique Adéquat.
Gothic rock, Indie pop, Goth-pop, Indie Electronic, Folk-pop, New Wave
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
SoKo has dated –
- Robert Pattinson – SoKo dated British actor Robert Pattinson in the past.
- Sasha Melnychuk – SoKo was also in a relationship with Ukrainian model Sasha Melnychuk.
- Kristen Stewart (2016) – In March 2016, SoKo confirmed being in a relationship with American actor Kristen Stewart. After dating for a few months, the two called it quits on May 5, 2016.
- Stella Honorel (2018-Present) – She started going out with Stella Honorel in the year 2018.
Note – In July 2018, she was 25 weeks pregnant as per her Facebook update. Her son named Indigo Blue Honey Sokolinski was born in November 2018. He is named after the song Indigo Blue by The Clean.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Polish, and Russian ancestry on her dad’s side whereas she is of French and Italian descent on her mom’s side.
- Childlike vocals
- Mood swings
34-28-36 in or 86-71-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
Best Known For
Her acting in movies like Her (2013), The Dancer (2016), and Augustine (2012)
SoKo released her debut music album titled I Thought I Was an Alien in February 2012. It peaked at #35 on Belgian music charts.
She was first seen in the short film L’escalier in 2003 as Béa.
First TV Show
In 2003, Soko was seen in an episode of the TV show P.J. for her role as Anouchka.
In an interview, Soko confirmed that she was a vegan. She consumed a sugar-free diet and was allergic to gluten, nuts, and alcohol.
The musician tries to catch up on some meditation and yoga on a daily basis.
SoKo Favorite Things
- Bands – The Cure, The Smiths, Nico, Velvet Underground, Talking Heads, Wire, The Clash, Ramones
- Pastimes – Writing Music
- City – Los Angeles
- Shopping – The Rose Bowl in L.A.
- Jewelry – Pamela Love
- Movie – The Red Shoes (1948)
- Fashion Icon – Robert Smith
- Artist – Malcolm McLaren
- Footwear – MISHKA from Buenos Aires
- Beauty Product – La Roche Posay foundation
Source – Nylon.com, Vogue.fr, InterviewMagazine.com
- She was just 16 when she quit her school, left home, and moved to Paris where she began her acting class with Eva Saint-Paul.
- She owns a record label titled Babycat Records.
- On January 19, 2009, her MySpace page stated SoKo is dead and she had quit the music industry. In August 2009, she was back stating the pressure of the industry had led her to take a break.
- In 2010, CeeLo Green sampled her song I’ll Kill Her on his Stray Bullets mixtape.
- In June 2012, SoKo performed at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco.
- Her song We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow was featured in Tatia Pilieva’s First Kiss video in 2014. The song opened on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 9 and was on top of Billboard’s Streaming Songs chart.
- In March 2014, she was seen in Canadian band Chromeo’s Jealous music video.
- The singer collaborated with The Brian Jonestown Massacre for the Philadelphie Story song for the Musique de Film Imaginé album that was released in April 2015.
- SoKo has performed in support of Babyshambles, Peter Doherty, Johnny Borrell, Nouvelle Vague, Daniel Johnston, Kate Nash, and Foster The People.
She is the proud owner of a Farfisa piano.
- Her first single “No More Home, No More Love” was released on YouTube on August 1, 2011.