|Jisoo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1995|
Jisoo is the lead vocalist of the K-Pop South Korean girl band, Black Pink. She is the face of the band and is famous for her bubbly childlike personality. She is gifted with remarkable features and is the heartthrob of the band. Like her bandmates, she has a huge fan base.
Chi Choo, Jichu
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Jisoo attended the School Of Performing Arts High School and then changed the school while her family moved to Seoul.
- Siblings – She has an older sister and an older brother.
K-pop, EDM, hip-hop
Drum, Guitar, Vocals
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jisoo has dated –
- Son Heung-min (2019) – Rumor
- Ahn Bo-hyun (2023-Present) – In August 2023, it was revealed that Jisoo was dating actor Ahn Bo-hyun. Their representatives had confirmed the news of their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Jisoo has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Samsonite Red with Lee Min-ho (2015)
- Nikon 1 J5 (2015)
- Smart Uniform with iKon (2015-2016)
- LG with iKon (2016)
- Angel Stone Game with Naver (2017)
With her band, Black Pink, Jisoo has endorsed –
- Incheon Main Customs – The band became the brand ambassador for Incheon Main Customs in May 2017.
- They also endorsed brands like Reebok, Moonshot, Adidas, The Coca-Cola Company, Louis Vuitton, St. Scott London, and Lotte Trevi sparkling water.
- In December 2019, Jisoo was announced as the local ambassador for Dior‘s cosmetics brand, Dior Beauty.
- In September 2020, she was appointed as the model of Cartier‘s “Pasha de Cartier”.
Best Known For
Being the lead vocalist and the face of the band, Black Pink.
As a Singer
Jisoo has released music with her band, Black Pink, including various singles and extended plays. Their singles like Boombayah and Playing With Fire were positioned on top in many of the songs charts.
In March 2023, Jisoo made her solo debut with her first single album titled ME. On March 20, it was revealed that the album had surpassed 950,000 stock pre-orders and with this, she broke the record for the highest number of pre-orders achieved by a female soloist in history. Within the first 24 hours of its release, the song FLOWER managed to gain more than 4,674,337 streams on Spotify. With this, Jisoo broke the record for the highest number of first-day streams achieved by a female K-pop soloist on Spotify.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in an episode of the South Korean sitcom, The Producers, in 2015.
Jisoo stays in shape by practicing flying yoga and taking rigorous dance lessons with her Black Pink mates.
Jisoo Favorite Things
- Food – Rice
- TV Show – Pokemon
- Pokemon – Pikachu
- Color – Purple
- Drama Genre – Romance
Source – Various articles
- She is the oldest member of the band, Black Pink.
- Jisoo is the representative of the band.
- She is fluent in Korean and Chinese.
- She has a dog named Dalgom.
- She is the only band member who has always remained in South Korea and has no association with any foreign land.
- Jisoo likes giving nicknames to people.
- She is the youngest in her family and has a childlike personality.
- Jisoo understands English but doesn’t like speaking the language.
- She is a big Pikachu fan and thus has a wide collection of Pikachu merchandise.
- She started training with YG Entertainment in 2011.
- Jisoo is trained in taekwondo.
- She likes reading and enjoyed the Harry Potter book series.
- She was famous in school for her eye-catching beauty and talent as a singer.
- Jisoo is regarded as the mood maker of the group as she is the bubbliest group member.
- YG Entertainment revealed her identity through the “Who’s That Girl?” teaser.
- She has appeared in music videos like Hi Suhyun’s I’m Different.
- Jisoo has modeled with her band members for the magazines like Nylon Japan, South Korea’s 1st Look, Elle Korea, and Singapore’s Teenage.
- From 2017 to 2018, she served as the host of Inkigayo.
- In September 2022, Jisoo received the “Outstanding Korean Actress” award at the Seoul International Drama Awards for her work in Snowdrop.
- The song Flower from her debut album Me also became the most-viewed video in 24 hours on YouTube. It topped the iTunes Worldwide Song Chart in 57 countries including the United States. The song debuted at No. 38 on the UK Official Singles Chart and with this, Jisoo became the first Korean female soloist to make a Top 40 debut on UK official charts.
- In January 2023, on her 28th birthday, Jisoo launched her personal YouTube channel, Happy Jisoo 103%. It was later revealed that the proceeds from her channel would be donated to charity.
- In June 2023, it was revealed that Jisoo had tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Black Pink Official / Instagram