|Josie Gibson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1985|
Josie Diane Shirley Gibson
Josie Gibson went to the Brimsham Green School in Yate.
- Father – When Josie was 10 years old, her father passed away after being stabbed by her uncle, with whose wife her father was having an affair.
- Siblings – Anna Gallagher (Sister), Harry Mook-Gibson (Brother)
- Others – Diane Gibson (Grandmother) (She was arrested in 2013 after being on run since 2000 when she was convicted for possessing 3 kg of cocaine)
Josie Gibson is represented by –
- Firefly Talent Management
- TM Media PR
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Josie Gibson has dated –
- John James Parton (2010-2011) – Josie started dating bodybuilder and reality TV personality John James Parton in 2010. Their romance had started during their stint in Big Brother. In March 2011, they had decided to terminate their relationship as things weren’t working out well for them. By April, they had confirmed the breakup rumors on Twitter.
- Luke Sanwo (2011-2015) – Towards the last months of 2011, Josie started going out with plumber Luke Sanwo. In early 2012, they were reported to have got engaged. They decided to end their relationship in March 2013. In June, she revealed that after 2 months break, they were back together. Then in April 2015, she confirmed that they had broken up once again. In 2017, they were embroiled in a Twitter spat, which put any doubts about their relationship firmly to bed.
Race / Ethnicity
- In 2013, she was made the brand ambassador of Pearlys, which is a UK based cosmetic teeth whitening company.
- She has also served as the face of a clothing brand called Curvissa.
- She has also promoted a fair number of products using her social media accounts.
Best Known For
- Being a participant in the reality TV series, Big Brother 2010. She managed to win the competition.
- Having released a couple of fitness and workout DVDs.
- Having made a couple of guest appearances in the TV shows such as The Vanessa Show and The Saturday Show.
First TV Show
In June 2010, Josie Gibson made her first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Big Brother.
After her weight had soared well beyond the acceptable limits, Josie decided to turn it around and thanks to her disciplined fitness regime, she managed to shed a lot of weight. As she disliked long workouts, her personal trainer devised short circuit training workouts that lasted about 21 minutes.
The elements of cardio and resistance training were combined to help her torch fat more effectively. Overall, she performs such workouts at least twice a week. She has also added yoga to her workout routine.
She also made changes to her diet and decided to watch what she eats. Overall, she cut back on her sugar consumption. She has also given up eating junk food and chocolate. She allows 20 percent of her diet to be made up of her favorite foods. The other 80 percent is comprised of veggies, salads, lean meats, pulses, and fruits.
Josie Gibson Favorite Things
- Food – Thai Food
- Shop – Debenhams
- Beauty Product – Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner
- Ideal Holiday Destination – Cuba
Source – New Magazine
Josie Gibson Facts
- When she was 14 years old, she left her home and moved to live with her aunt on a farm.
- Before she participated in the reality show Big Brother, she used to work as a sales representative.
- In Big Brother, she was the first contestant to enter the house and managed to be the last contestant standing by the time, the show came to an end. She managed to win 77.5% public votes in the final round of voting, which was incidentally the highest percentage tallied by any contestant in the history of the show.
- After her stint in Big Brother, she managed to become a certified personal trainer, which has helped her release a fitness book and a couple of fitness DVDs.
- Josie has done activism and charity work for CLIC Sargent, which is a UK based children’s cancer charity. She donated £20,000 of her winnings from Big Brother to the charity.
- Josie appeared on TV shows – Celebrity Impossible and Silent Library to raise funds for her selected charities.
- In the early months of 2011, she released her exclusive fragrance under the label of Josie.
- Josie Gibson also released her exclusive range of merchandise starting with customized tops in 2011.
- In January 2018, Josie and a female pal were assaulted by a taxi driver while they were looking to return home after a night out. She was left with bruises on chest and black eye.
Featured Image by See Li / Flickr / CC BY-2.0