|Ellie Leach Quick Info
|5 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|March 15, 2001
Ellie Leach is an English actor, dancer, and reality television personality who is known for having been cast as Faye Windass in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street as well as for emerging as the winner of the 21st installment of the BBC dance contest show Strictly Come Dancing in 2023. In addition to that, Ellie has also been a part of a number of other projects such as A Boy Called Dad, The One Show, Moving On, Coronation Street: A Christmas Corrie, Sam & Mark’s Big Friday Wind-Up, Saturday Mash-Up, Breakfast, Loose Women, This Morning, Jeremy Vine, Steph’s Packed Lunch, and The Sound of Music Live.
Ellie Louise Leach
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Ellie Leach studied at Fairfield High School for Girls, an all-girls secondary academy located in Droylsden, Greater Manchester, England.
Actor, Dancer, Reality Television Personality
- Father – Al Leech
- Mother – Karen Leech
- Siblings – Daisy Leech (Younger Sister)
- Others – Brooke Vincent (Cousin) (Actor, Television Personality)
Ellie Leach has been repped by –
- Laine Management, Talent Agency, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- S-Creative, PR & Talent Management, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellie Leach has dated –
- Reagan Pettman (2018-2023) – She started going out with Reagan Pettman in the year 2018. After dating for around 5 years, the duo reportedly decided to call it quits in 2023.
- Vito Coppola – It is RUMORed that she has been romantically involved with Italian professional dancer and choreographer Vito Coppola. Vito and Ellie partnered for the 21st series of the BBC dance competition Strictly Come Dancing in 2023.
- Bobby Brazier (2024) – In January 2024, Ellie was rumored to be dating actor Bobby Brazier after she posted a picture with him on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Through social media, Ellie Leach has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands which include the likes of Ultimate Performance North, ASOS, and others.
She has also been cast in TV commercials for the likes of Staples and McDonald’s.
Ellie Leach Facts
- She made her first film appearance by playing the role of Katie in the drama film A Boy Called Dad in 2009. The film’s lead cast consists of Ian Hart, Louise Delamere, and Kyle Ward.
- In November 2010, Ellie Leach brought to life the character of Stacy in an episode titled I Am Darleen Fyles of the anthology drama television series Moving On.
- From 2011 to 2023, she was cast as Faye Windass (introduced as a potential adoptive child for Anna and Eddie Windass) in the television soap opera Coronation Street (colloquially referred to as Corrie). After working on the show for 12 years, it was confirmed in April 2023 that Ellie Leach would be leaving Coronation Street and she was also informed that the show’s bosses could “see no future for the character”.
- As of 2023, she has been one of thirteen Coronation Street actors who despite their characters giving birth on the show have never become mothers in real life (the others include Doreen Keogh, Anne Kirkbride, Helen Worth, Caroline Milmoe, Joanne Froggatt, Naomi Radcliffe, Angela Lonsdale, Vicky Binns, Georgia May Foote, Natalie Gumede, Michelle Keegan, and Nicola Thorp).
- Partnering with Italian professional dancer Vito Coppola, Ellie Leach appeared as a contestant on the 21st edition of the television dance show Strictly Come Dancing in 2023 and the judges for the season included Shirley Ballas, Anton Du Beke, Motsi Mabuse, and Craig Revel Horwood. Ellie emerged as the season winner along with her partner Vito and her fellow contestants for the season were Layton Williams, Bobby Brazier, Annabel Croft, Angela Scanlon, Nigel Harman, Adam Thomas, Zara McDermott, and others.
- As she won Strictly Come Dancing in 2023, she became the youngest celebrity to win the show.
Featured Image by Ellie Leach / Instagram