|Motsi Mabuse Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|April 11, 1981
Motsi Mabuse is a South African dancer, choreographer, and TV personality who had come into the spotlight in 2007 when she had first participated in the competition-based dance reality TV show Let’s Dance, the German version of Strictly Come Dancing. After a few years as a key performer, she was asked to sit on the judging panel in 2011. After several years judging the show, in July 2019, she was chosen to judge the 17th series of the original British version of Strictly Come Dancing. Besides her TV commitments, she also runs a dance academy in Eschborn, Germany, known as Motsi Mabuse – The Taunus Dance School.
Mankwe, North West Province, South Africa
Eschborn, Main-Taunus, Hesse, Germany
Motsi, after her high school graduation, had attended the University of Pretoria.
Dancer, Choreographer, TV Personality
- Father – Peter Mabuse
- Mother – Dudu Mabuse
- Siblings – Oti Mabuse (Younger Sister) (Dancer, Choreographer, TV Personality)
- Others – Marius Iepure (Brother-in-Law). She had a half-brother named Neo who had committed suicide while the family was living in South Africa.
She is represented by –
- BU Management, Leverkusen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Curtis Brown Literary and Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Stephanie Taranu, PR Agent, ST. PR Public Relations and Communications, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Motsi has dated –
- Timo Kulczak (1999–2014) – Motsi had first met German dancer Timo Kulczak in 1999 at the British Open Dance Championships in Blackpool. They began dating soon after and got married in 2003. The pair had settled down in Timo’s native Germany and used to compete in several international dance competitions together. They eventually got divorced in October 2014.
- Evgenij Voznyuk (2015-Present) – In 2013, Motsi had won the German Latin Dance Contest with Ukrainian dancer Evgenij Voznyuk. They began dating in 2015, after the dissolution of her first marriage with Timo. They got married in 2017, in a ceremony in Mallorca, and have a daughter together (b. August 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Plump lips
- Has tattoos on her right wrist and forearm
Motsi Mabuse Facts
- She was born in Mankwe which was then a part of the nominal Republic of Bophutatswana. The area had eventually become a part of South Africa and her family had moved to Pretoria when she was 5 years old.
- Her parents had expected her to pursue a legal career and join the family’s law firm. However, while studying at the University of Pretoria, she became enthralled with dancing and her career took a decisive turn in 1998 when she had finished as the runner-up in the national dance championships.
- She was a part of the broadcasting team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup which was held in South Africa.
- She had made her acting debut in 2016 when she had performed in a play titled The Crucible at the Bad Hersfelder Festspiele, an annual German theatre festival. Later that year, she had served as a judge on the reality TV show Curvy Supermodel.
- In April 2023, Motsi’s ex-husband Timo Kulczak filed a £70,000 lawsuit against her for calling him ‘controlling’ in her 2022 memoir Finding My Own Rhythm. Timo also sued Motsi because she claimed in her autobiography that he stopped her from having a baby.
Featured Image by Motsi Mabuse / Instagram