|Oti Mabuse Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|August 8, 1990
Oti Mabuse is a well-known South African professional Latin American and ballroom dancer who is known for having been a part of shows like Strictly Come Dancing, The Greatest Dancer, and Let’s Dance. She has also garnered a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Pretoria, South Africa
London, England, United Kingdom
Oti Mabuse studied at the Tshwane University of Technology.
Ball Dancer, TV Personality
- Father – Peter Mabuse
- Mother – Dudu Mabuse
- Sibling – Motsi Mabuse (Older Sister) (Ballroom Dancer)
Oti Mabuse is represented by Olivia Bell Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Oti Mabuse has dated –
- Keoikantse Motsepe (2000-2013)
- Marius Iepure (2013-Present) – In 2013, Oti started dating Romanian dancer Marius Iepure. The couple tied the knot in 2014. In August 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together. In December 2023, they were blessed with their first child, a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
- Charming smile
Otlile Mabuse Favorite Things
- Word – Massive
- Perfume – Dylan Blue by Versace
Source – The Guardian
Oti Mabuse Facts
- She was brought up in South Africa. Later, she relocated to Germany.
- Otlile is a civil engineer by profession. It was her first choice before she found her passion for dancing at the age of 19 and continued to pursue it as a career.
- She is an accomplished dancer and has won the South African Latin American Championship 8 times.
- She is not the first in her family to be recognized for the incredible dance skills as her older sister Motsi is also a professional dancer who appeared on Let’s Dance as a judge and dancer.
- Oti Mabuse has also won the German Championship PD Freestyle Latin.
- In 2014, she achieved 3rd place at the World Cup Freestyle Latin and 2nd place at the European Championship Latin.
- She made her debut on Strictly Come Dancing German version Let’s Dance in 2015.
- She appeared alongside singer Daniel Küblböck in the 8th season of Let’s Dance, the German version of Strictly Come Dancing, and they wrapped up their journey on the 6th spot.
- Oti was cast as a contestant on Celebrity MasterChef in 2019.
- She also served as a judge in the British dance competition television series, The Greatest Dancer, alongside Matthew Morrison and Cheryl.
- Her mother graduated with a master’s degree on the same day as Otlile’s 8th birthday.
- She wanted to be a pediatrician when she grew up.
- Over the years, Oti Mabuse has appeared in several other projects including the likes of The One Show, Would I Lie to You?, The Graham Norton Show, The Crystal Maze, Michael McIntyre’s Big Show, All-Star Netball for Sport Relief, and Len Goodman‘s Partners in Rhyme.
- Her guilty pleasure is spare ribs.
Featured Image by Oti Mabuse / Instagram