|Shirley Ballas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1960|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shirley Ballas is a well-distinguished English ballroom dancer, dance teacher, and dance adjudicator who is especially known for her incredible feat in the International Latin division. She also has a huge fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Shirley Annette Rich
Queen of Latin
Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Dancer, Dance Teacher, Dance Adjudicator
- Father – Andrew Rich
- Mother – Audrey
- Siblings – David (Brother)
Shirley is represented by Ashley of InterTalent Rights Group.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shirley’s name has been linked with –
- Samuel Francis John Stopford (1980-1984). Shirley was 18 years old when they tied the knot in 1980. Together, they won the International Latin American Dance Championship and also succeeded in winning the Blackpool Dance Festival in 1983.
- Corky Ballas (1985-2007) – They had a son named, Mark Alexander Ballas Jr. (b. May 24, 1986). She and Corky won the “World Latin Dance Championship” sometime in the ’80s.
- Danny Taylor (2019-Present) – Shirley started dating Danny Taylor in 2019 and they later got engaged. In 2023, it was rumored that the couple had called off their engagement. However, later, Shirley denied the breakup rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of possible African ancestry.
- Hawk nose shape
- Oval face shape
- High forehead
- Shoulder length hair
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Liz Earle.
Shirley Ballas Favorite Things
- Style Of Dance – Argentine Tango
- Music Group – Alexander Jean
- Room In Her London Home – Bedroom
- Event To Host At Her Home – Dinner
Source – Hello Magazine
Shirley Ballas Facts
- She was single-handedly brought up in Wallasey by her mother Audrey.
- At the age of 2, her father walked out on Shirley, her brother, and mother.
- She had started dancing competitively at the age of 8 despite only having started taking an interest in it a year prior to that.
- Her brother David took his own life at the age of 44 in 2003. It was only then that she reunited with her father Andrew and grew close to him.
- Ballas was 15 years old when she partnered up with Ballroom Champion Nigel Tiffany, after moving to North Yorkshire. However, in an interview, she had stated that she has a tough time with him which eventually led to an end in their partnership.
- After she left Nigel, Shirley moved to London and joined Sammy Stopford under the recommendation of American dance coach Nina Hunt.
- She got her breakthrough after winning the 1983 “International Latin American Dance Championship” with her ex-husband Sammy Stopford.
- In 1996, Shirley finally retired from dancing professionally and took up the occupation of a dance teacher and judge for ballroom and Latin American competitions.
- On September 9, 2017, Ballas joined Strictly Come Dancing‘s the judge’s panel in place of the lead judge Len Goodman for series 15.
- She has been nicknamed “Queen of Latin.”
- In her free time, she likes to relax in the bedroom and read or listen to music.
- She never forgets to call her mother and son every morning.
- In January 2023, Shirley revealed that she underwent £5,000 worth of procedures to get a non-surgical facelift.
Featured Image By Shirley Ballas / Instagram